Enid Blyton Day 2012

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: Enid Blyton Day 2012

Post by Eddie Muir »

Great photos! Thanks for sharing them, Nigel. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Good to see the photos Nigel. I think I only took one at the picnic, and that was of everyone's backs as they gathered around the food. :roll:

I'm gradually coming back down to earth after my great weekend. I liked Kate Mary's comment about having to live out of the freezer, as she's spent the housekeeping money on books! I've yet to work out the final total of my weekend, but whatever it was, it will have been worth it.

I'm now nursing aching arms - the result of hauling a suitcase full of books across London - a small price to pay though for the pleasure I will get reading them over the coming weeks. :D
Society Member
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

Post by Francis »

The pictures are excellent, Nigel - apart from the fact I realise I am
getting old. Notice that Izzy kept hiding behind Tony. She says that
is a complete accident as she didn't realise the photos were being
taken!
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Good photos, Nigel. I can see them now. It was only the slow wi-fi park internet!!!!

I could see some of the facebook, but not all, once again, wi-fi internet, here at the park!!! Great photos on facebook too, had me roaring with laughter at the titles. Great stuff! :lol: :lol:

Yes, Ming, I think you can safely say, that you're probably a few inches tall than I am. Even little Abi was taller than me, because I was wearing heels!!! :lol:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
zaidi
Favourite book/series: FamousFive
Favourite character: Nick and Julian

Post by zaidi »

Wow! I read all of the comments and summarizing all of that " I felt it was a smashing day!"
Stef you looked quite pretty and Anita you seemed younger and much slimmer than your earlier photos.
The photos were wonderful! Aby u looked cute. Nigel you looked quite handsome! :wink:
This photo was very good:
And this photo seemed like a big family:

Georgina Hargreaves has wonderful drawings. Has her speech been recorded? I loved her photo with Imogen on FB.
I hope next time I could come. Love from my side to every one.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

It would be nice if you could come to an Enid Blyton gathering one of these days, Zaidi! I'm afraid the speeches aren't recorded.

It's great to see people's photos! Here are just a few of mine for now, as I'm saving most of them for my write-up:

Tony with David Cook

Chick, Eddie, Dennis (Lenoir), Stef, Fiona and Wolfgang

Ilsa (Daisy), Abi (7up), Julie and Eddie

7up with 7up!

Georgina Hargreaves

Julie, Nigel (Moonraker) and Katharine

KayleighLouise (in the middle) with sisters Victoria and Tiffany
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Nice photos, Anita. :)

Abi, I love your flaming red hair.

Edit: Well, quite red. :)
Last edited by Ming on 14 May 2012, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

Society Member
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Well I've just gotten back from taking Fiona back to Kings Cross to catch her train, and once again everything has gone too quickly!

Had a smashing day, even though I was fairly exhausted before we even started! Lugging those chairs around is NOT an easy task! I can say for a fact that it was a GOD send that Wolfgang was there! Also slightly frustrating not being about to get to the other chairs for some time. This was resolved by my accidently tripping an alarm somewhere and the man opening up Lodden Hall was called to come and sort things out! :oops:

So after sorting out the chairs, I rushed back to Woodley, where I live [Answer to Nigel's question: Because thats where I live! :wink:], and collected Fiona who has escaped putting the chairs and tables out. :lol:

I can only pretty much echo everyone else's reviews about the day and agree! Georgina Hargreaves was certainly entertaining!

On to the picnic at the end of the day, after I, Lucky Star, Wolfgang, David Cook, and Norman Wright put the chairs and tables away! If you had all waited an extra ten minutes before heading off to the picnic, you wouldn't have had to follow Nigel and get lost! A Lesson for next year perhaps?! I think now he's managed that twice, we should relieve him of his role as convoy guide? :lol:

The picnic was, as usual, sumputous and extensive. I think I ended up taking most of the left over food back home with me! Still no bother, Fiona and I had it as our lunch when we went to explore Bourne End the next day!

Abi, Fiona and I went for a little explore in the field adjacent to our picnicking spot and needless to say, we got wet,and muddy, though I think Abi enjoyed herself! :D

Once again, lots of people to talk to, and I don't feel like I got around everyone! However Fiona and I were lucky enough to be able to have some more time with Katharine and Dennis (Lenoir) the next day at Bourne End and Old Thatch. So that was nice.

All in all, a Smashing Weekend, and I'm sorry its over!

Thank you so much for all your 'wunnerful' organisation and hard work put into the day Tony. It wouldn't be nearly as good if it wasn't for you!

Three cheers for our fearless leader! :P

I'll post all the pictures I took over the last few days up in a bit. I've got to sort through them first! :roll:
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
KayleighLouise
Favourite book/series: Noddy

Post by KayleighLouise »

I should check the forums more often so my fault entirely but I didn't realise there was another gathering yesterday at bourne end and old thatch :(
I have already got plans for the 7th July. Its actually my birthday weekend but I have been asked to go to a mini festival with the bf. So got a choice of things. Was that the date that Norman mentioned at the end of the speeches? I remember him mentioning a few but couldn't remember what they were for and when they were
misteriojuvenil
Favourite book/series: Five find outers
Favourite character: Fat

Post by misteriojuvenil »

Dear friends,
sorry but this year i can participate :cry:
I hope to have more fun in a meeting with these great friends.

Paulo Ferreira
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

KayleighLouise wrote:I should check the forums more often so my fault entirely but I didn't realise there was another gathering yesterday at bourne end and old thatch :(
It wasn't an official gathering, it just happened that a few of us had planned to go separately and when we realised we were all going, we arranged to meet up. Obviously it would have been lovely to see some more forum faces there, but it was just a last minute arrangement.

Sorry you weren't able to join us though.
Society Member
KayleighLouise
Favourite book/series: Noddy

Post by KayleighLouise »

Its ok. I spent far too much time browsing books that I'm sure if I had spoken to more people I would have found out too!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

misteriojuvenil wrote:Dear friends,
sorry but this year i can participate :cry:
I hope to have more fun in a meeting with these great friends.
We missed you, Paulo. Maybe next time. :)
Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Great photos, Anita. :D Thank you for posting them.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Some of my pictures can be found here!

And the last few pictures can be found here!
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/