Enid Blyton Day 2010 Photos

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Enid Blyton Day 2010 Photos

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Have a look at the E.B. Day photos 2009, and you'll see that some of the photos have got the name of the people in them, Icecream. Hope that helps. Look on the home page and go into the left hand box E.B. Day and click on 2009.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Icecream342
Favourite book/series: JW books and the Faraway tree books
Favourite character: Dame Washalot

Post by Icecream342 »

Ok. I have just come back from Weston-Super-Mare. Been in about half an hour and I have just put my computer on and got this. Thanks all.
We Really want to help Mrs Philpot
Five go to Finniston Farm

I am Icecream342 but everyone can call me Icey or popsicleCheck out my blog- the big big blog at; http://thebigbigblog.wordpress.com/
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Hope you had a nice holiday Ice Cream. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Yes, do tell us all about it. Did you have any adventures? :shock:
Society Member
Icecream342
Favourite book/series: JW books and the Faraway tree books
Favourite character: Dame Washalot

Post by Icecream342 »

I went to bath and there was a road accentnt. A lady was unconsous (i think) in the road. There were 2 ambulances and a police car. I hope she was ok. There was a jewson ven that had either done an emergancy stop or run the lady over.

I went on the Grand pier.

Carters steam fair was there

My Mobile phone went over to Pay as you talk.
We Really want to help Mrs Philpot
Five go to Finniston Farm

I am Icecream342 but everyone can call me Icey or popsicleCheck out my blog- the big big blog at; http://thebigbigblog.wordpress.com/
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

From time to time I get horribly embarrassed at my inability to recognise people, especially at EB Soc days. I now think I know what may be wrong with me. Happily the research is being done just 10 miles away at Bournemouth Uni.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15290378" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(I can now recognise Tony & Nigel, but once gave Jane a very warm welcome in the shop thinking she was someone else! Happily she didn't seem to notice- and was in any case very welcome as well! :oops: )

Viv
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star »

This must presumably be only an occasional problem? I remember the day we all went to see Five Have a Mystery to Solve in London I was walking along the embankment when a cheery voice called "Hey John". I looked and it was you. On that occasion at least, you had not only recognised me (though we hadn't met in several months) but did so before I recognised you!

It's good to see that some research is going on anyway into this issue. I think we have probably all at some stage met someone whom we know that we should know (or who clearly knows us) and been unable to remember their name. It is indeed very embarrassing.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop

Yup - but I was expecting to see you - and had looked everyone up on photos before hand!

Viv
Lucky Star

Post by Lucky Star »

Viv of Ginger Pop wrote:Yup - but I was expecting to see you - and had looked everyone up on photos before hand!

Viv
Aww, and there was me thinking I was someone special. :lol: :wink:

Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop

Imagine the risk I was taking - and it wasn't you. There could have been half a dozen Johns in the vicinity for me to choose from...

:shock: :oops: :lol:

(I definately had the smartest 8) )

Viv
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I think the problem is worse when you meet someone where you least expect to see them. I also have a problem with names - I am at the stage now where I ask if I can't remember! Jane didn't notice, Viv, and for the record, neither did I. I just thought you were being your usual charming, friendly self! :D
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I'm very good at recognising faces..... I'm just no good at remembering the person's name, or even how I know them. Last week I served a woman on the fitting room, and I knew I knew her, and I think she recognised me but I couldn't for the life of me remember her name or why I knew her.

I finally decided she'd worked with me when I was working for a childcare agency (about 5 years ago) but I still don't remember her name!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member