Enid Blyton Day 2005 - some photographs

Did you attend the last event? Are you going to the next Day?
Mac99
Favourite book/series: 5 Findouters
Favourite character: Fatty

Enid Blyton Day 2005 - some photographs

Post by Mac99 »

in my travels came across this by one of the members who attended. the site is portuguese but below is the translation of the opening paragraph (sorry about the translation):

Enid Blyton Day 2005

In the past day 7 of May, I was in Twyford, to 40 Km of London, in more a meeting organized by the Enid Blyton Society. With a participation of nearby 90 persons. The doors of the Londdon Hall opened to the 10h30 and were around the room nearby 10 salespersons of books and you collected of the histories that E. Blyton wrote. The Intervention of the day was in charge of Mark Davinson that spoke about his book "Remember Hook" and Enid Blyton in Hook in the years 20. Hook is a small town in England. Of the part of the morning was predicted the participation of Ted Francis, that rolled the series Ventures, but by unexpected motives cannot be present. In the break for lunch and with a light meal sold by the organization we be able to also savor to Ginger Beer that to Vivienne Endecott sold in the banca of the Ginger Pop, entity that organizes walks by Dorset (South of England), where Blyton passed his vacation and where was inspired for write the histories of the Five and other adventures, inclusive there was rolled the film "Five on to Treasure. Both the sons of Blyton Gillian Baverstock, Imogen Smallwood, to biografa Barbara Stooney also did to his meal accompanied with Ginger Beer that in Portuguese is Beer of Gengibre (Without alcohol). I recollect that to Ginger Beer was the beverage preferred of the personages that Blyton wrote. The program advanced with two small film "Tales of the Woodland" and an extract of the theatrical piece "Noddy in Toyland". Had still time for the final purchases and afterwards the return to London that delay nearby 60 minutes of comboio. A well past day, with pleasant persons and where can be acquired, for beyond materialmente, knowledge about this author and the world that it surrounded. If possible, to for the year.

http://www.misteriojuvenil.com/EBday2005.htm

mac
Moonraker

Re: Enid Blyton Day 2005 - some photographs

Post by Moonraker »

Interesting photographs! :D
Society Member
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

A really old thread, I see, but it was great to see those pictures again! :D

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Yeah, I was trawling the archives in the vaults way beneath the Cave. Some interesting stuff there! It's also worth looking at "View unanswered posts" too. Well done at being Quiz Supremo, too! :D
Society Member
Mac99

Post by Mac99 »

Hi Ming,

Yes it is a really old thread. It was when I discovered the joys of broadband and EB Society. Almost everything found on EB was a joy and new. I was only thinking the other day how we managed without the internet and Google.

Regards
Mac
221b
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog, Adventure Series
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs & Jack Trent

Post by 221b »

Here are some of Paulo's photos from this year's EB Day in case you haven't seen them, Mac :D

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/foru ... f=7&t=2706" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helen

‘Well, sir, he’s a whole lot of red-headed boys, sir.’
"This 'Ere 'Ouse Is Habsolutely Hempty"
Mac99

Post by Mac99 »

Hi 221b,

Thanks for the link. I have been hoping to get to the EB Day for the last three years but work hasn't allowed. Maybe next year.

Regards
Mac
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Lovely pictures. What a great T-short Tony. :D That was the year before I discovered the wonderful EBS day, are there any pictures of the really early Days I wonder?
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member