Journal 50

What did you think of the latest Journal?
7upromana01
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Re: Journal 50

Post by 7upromana01 »

But if you put more in then it will attract Blyton fans to it!!
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

Post by Francis »

Mine has arrived too - it's a triumph! I just keep holding it and glancing at all the goodies
contained within. What value this magazine is - anyone who hasn't joined please do so as
you will never regret it. Every article looks so enticing I do not know which one I will start with!
Society Member
Wayne Pyer
Favourite book/series: adventure/find outers
Favourite character: Bill Smugs/Kiki/Fatty

Post by Wayne Pyer »

Mine has arrived. :D Not opened it yet. Don't want to be distracted from rugby weekend. Very tempted though. Roll on monday. :D
Wayne, living in an Enid Blyton world.
Loony the Dog
Favourite book/series: Book:The Boy next Door Series:Mystery or Adventure
Favourite character: Loony, Jack (Arnold), Kiki, Fatty, Bill, and Timmy

Post by Loony the Dog »

Mine arrived today too! :D I've read a few articles and the rest looks good. :) I would be willing to pay extra for the journal to keep it going. I'll definitely be resubscribing soon to it as it's worth a lot more that £10 a year. :D Thanks!
In came the Taggertys. They were clean, except Biddy knees looked like she had been crawling half a mile in some muddy place.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Wayne Pyer wrote:Mine has arrived. :D Not opened it yet. Don't want to be distracted from rugby weekend. Very tempted though.
Ugh, if only I had mine to distract me from the rugby this afternoon!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Mine has also arrived safely. It looks utterly fantastic. At nearly 100 pages it is easily the biggest and best publication of it's kind I have ever seen. It is bigger than some books! Everything looks superb and I cannot wait to curl up later and begin. Well done Tony, it's a triumph as usual. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
number 6
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Wow! Another bumper issue to feast on! Great work, Tony! :D
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

As I have said before the Journal is completely made by those who contribute articles, my job is to just try and make them look pretty, the articles that is, not the contributors! What I can claim is that I have posted out every single Journal from issue 1 onwards, for those that like statistics that is just short of 22 thousand (although a few of these may have been handed over). In the early days before my computer is was hard graft as everything had to be handwritten and I would guess that over the past 17 years I have probably written out about 3000 addresses, but heh, Enid probably wrote more than that in a year. Although I have never told people what they are, since I have had my computer every new member has been given a membership number and today someone became No.1970. Before you ask me, Julie, you are member No.1147 and you joined on May 22nd 2007 - I keep very thorough records! :lol:
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Tony Summerfield wrote: Although I have never told people what they are, since I have had my computer every new member has been given a membership number and today someone became No.1970. Before you ask me, Julie, you are member No.1147 and you joined on May 22nd 2007 - I keep very thorough records! :lol:
:lol: :lol:
You know me only too well, Tony! :lol: As I would have been mithering you for my number too!! Pity mine isn't 1970, as that's the year I got married. Being number 1147, I'm going to have to google that year now and see what I can come up with! :P

Enjoying the Journal so far! Read John Lester's accont of the Two Islands, and David Chambers on Where is Cuckoo Wood, that was really interesting, and when he mentions Oakwood, I suddenly thought that John Hollins was in Oakwood, but double checking he was in Oaktree Wood! :roll: Nice one Poppy of Filming at Seven Stories, I would have liked to have heard much more, being the 'nosey parker' that I am. :lol:
Fabulous write up by Angela Canning. I haven't read any of the Jeeves and Woosters, but did see the series, and they were almost as described by Angela, the bit about the dog, and the policeman etc!
Loved reading From My Window, by Enid Blyton. How brave she must have been going up an old tower in the dark at Oakwood House. The steps could have crumbled away or she could have slipped anything could have happened. But on she went. :)
Halfway through reading about David Morton and Julian Kirrin, and will probably finish the rest of the Journal today. :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Julie2owlsdene wrote:Pity mine isn't 1970, as that's the year I got married.
That's the year I was born. :P

Absolutely thrilled to receive Journal 50 in the post yesterday! I'm partway through it and thoroughly enjoying it as always. A really beautiful issue.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Everyone is making me green with envy. :mrgreen: Apart from Fiona, was I the only one who didn't receive his/her copy yesterday? :cry:
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Laura
Favourite book/series: Five Find Outers, Adventure Series.
Favourite character: Fatty (so original!)

Post by Laura »

I didn't either, but then I live almost as far north as Fiona does, so it's not too surprising. I can't wait. :D
Society Member

Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it himself.
7upromana01
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Post by 7upromana01 »

Neither did I
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

It's a tricky one about the money. Have you not thought about writing the journal up online, Tony, in Journal form, so that society members can print it out themselves? You could still charge and it would save a lot of money in postage.
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

Post by Francis »

Hearing that Julie was married in 1970 cheered me up but then I realised that she must have been a child bride! Mind you learning that Anita was born in 1970 depressed me again. I won't tell her when I was born!
Society Member