I think I am now a member

What did you think of the latest Journal?
auscatherine

I think I am now a member

Post by auscatherine »

I asked my family to purchase me a subscription for my birthday and one of my brothers mentioned mysteriously that he had ordered my birthday present from the UK and it should be arriving soon. I am very much looking forward to receiving my first journal in the mail. When is the next one due out?
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: I think I am now a member

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Journal 40 will come out around the middle/end of November, Catherine, and promises to be a fun, informative and varied read as always. In the meantime, if Tony has any copies of Journal 39 left I think your subscription will start with that issue. What a great birthday present!

Anita
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Viv of Ginger Pop
Favourite character: LEAST liked - Wilfred (FF 20)

Post by Viv of Ginger Pop »

Lucky you. The journal is always a great read, and is discussed at length here on the Forums afterwards.

Of course, if you are mistaken, you could drop some Very Big hints to your brother with onset of Christmas... :lol:
The Ginger Pop Shop closed in Feb 2017
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

auscatherine wrote:I asked my family to purchase me a subscription for my birthday and one of my brothers mentioned mysteriously that he had ordered my birthday present from the UK and it should be arriving soon. I am very much looking forward to receiving my first journal in the mail. When is the next one due out?
I am not too sure about this, I did post a bumper bundle of Journals to Australia about five days ago, but they weren't going to someone called Catherine! Perhaps this isn't your real name though, so if you like to PM me I can tell you if you have just become a member.
auscatherine

Post by auscatherine »

Thanks Tony. It turns out I was mistaken. He has actually ordered me something else from the UK. I am still working on my other brother though. He still hasn't given me a birthday present despite my birthday being 8 October. Failing that, I plan to join myself once I can work out how to get back into Paypal.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

auscatherine wrote: I am still working on my other brother though. He still hasn't given me a birthday present despite my birthday being 8 October.
Hoo boy he definitely owes you at least a subscription by now, if not one for the next few years!! Hope you enjoyed your birthday.v
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Anne.
Favourite book/series: Famous five
Favourite character: George, Timmy

Post by Anne. »

I can't really find it on the website and I'm not sure if it's okay to open a new topic about it, but what does this subscription mean? Can anyone explain because I'm curious and thinking about it.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Subscribing to the Society gets you three journals per year - full of excellent articles about Blyton and her works as well as pieces by Blyton herself - short stories, poems, letters etc. It also gives you access to the members only section of the site, which contains photographs of Enid and her family as well as some documents, fragments of manuscripts and of course the weekly serials in full.

It's absolutely worth the money for the Journals alone!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Anne.
Favourite book/series: Famous five
Favourite character: George, Timmy

Post by Anne. »

Okay thanks, I'll go and try to get my mom to pay for it (since she keeps stealing my books, I think it's only fair 8) )