In the school stories, who would you have chosen as friends?

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Yak
Favourite book/series: St Clare's/FFO's.
Favourite character: Fatty/Claudine

In the school stories, who would you have chosen as friends?

Post by Yak »

In MT and SC (or Naughtiest Girl, though it's been a while since I read that one so not sure I can personally answer), which characters would you have chosen as friends had you had the choice?

I think I'd have liked Irene as a friend in MT ... Alicia and even Darrell strike me as being a bit .. I am not sure what the word is but too much like 'cool kids' and i wasn't. In SC .. hmm ... definitely Claudine or Carlotta, though the twins seem nice too.
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Re: In the school stories, who would you have chosen as frie

Post by Darrell71 »

I'm too impatient to be friends with Irene, but Darrell would've been a good choice. I'm one of the cool/popular kids in school, (though it beats me as to why, I'm neither pretty nor snobbish nor the one who always speaks up in class, but whatever.) so I would've fit right in with Darrell and co. I would've stayed in Alicia's good books for sure, and tried hard to get her to respect me. :lol:

In St.C I think I would've liked Doris, Claudine and Janet as friends, although that's not perhaps the best of groups.
You can call me Sunskriti!
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I'd like to have been friends with Elizabeth Allen and Julian Holland (Naughtiest Girl series) when I was a child. They're good-hearted and you'd never have a dull moment with lively, fun-loving friends like that.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Yak

Post by Yak »

Janet seems a bit hot tempered .. especially when she was younger she often deliberately said things that she knew were going to hurt people's feelings. Perhaps she got better when older
http://europeforum.freeforums.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
snugglepot
Favourite book/series: Five Find Outers, Faraway Tree, Barney Books
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by snugglepot »

In Malory Towers, I'd have liked Mary-Lou. In St Clares it would have been Carlotta and Claudine. I cannot decide in the Naughtiest Girl, maybe Elizabeth and then Julian after he settled down a little.
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

I think Sally Hope would have been a good friend to have. She seemed loyal and level-headed - after she got over her initial problems.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

Sally Hope, Mary-Lou, Irene, Carlotta, Claudine, Pat, Isabel, Elizabeth Allen, Julian and Joan. These are good girls at heart having various acceptable personalities spectrum in my book. I am mostly attracted to goofy, humorous personalities who like to play tricks every now and then. Playful, cheeky but always kind at heart. Never malicious towards other people.

Personalities like Darrell and Alicia do not appeal to me at all. I am sure they are good girls at heart but their outward attitudes do not appeal to me.
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Yak

Post by Yak »

I like Isabel more than Pat - she seems a bit gentler :).
mynameisdumbnuts
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers, Famous Five, Adventure series
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Darrell Rivers, Bets Hilton

Post by mynameisdumbnuts »

I played quite a few practical jokes as a child, so I likely would have been friends with Janet and Bobby from Saint Clare's, though in retrospect Hillary Wentworth would be a good friend to have -- very steady and mature. I identified a lot with Darrell when I read MT, so I would have palled up with someone like Sally Hope, though possibly not Darrell herself -- we'd both be too hot-tempered and impatient!
"Lucy, you want more backbone -– you've got your wishbone where your backbone ought to be!" -- "House-at-the-Corner"
Yak

Post by Yak »

Janet always seemed too 'sharp' to me. Hilary yes - I think she was probably a nice person who knew where to draw the line between having a bit of fun and being prudish.