Noddy Books

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Noddy Books

Post by Fiona1986 »

From what I've just read the chain and whistle should be in the right hand pocket (the person's right pocket - on their left if you're looking at them.) Illustrated here by Ladybird - https://www.scribd.com/doc/2461940/Lady ... -Policeman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. In some placed modern police still have a chain and whistle on the right but it looks a bit different https://forum.officer.com/forum/public- ... hirt-chain" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

Interesting - although I see that the illustration of PC Brian Plectrum shows a chain on his left - which is what PC Plod's looks like when the image is reversed. 8)

By the way, I find this 'adult' Ladybird book much funnier, and much more clever, than the 'adult' Famous Fives! ;-)
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

You're right, Rob. I had just looked at the one of the policeman on his bike. The female officer further on has hers on the left too - but that would make sense as her buttons would be on the opposite side too.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

Do you have all the Noddy books written by Enid Blyton, Rob? Not just the main 24 books.

Do you have all 8 Bom books as well?
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
sixret

Post by sixret »

I know you have all sorts of Noddy merchandises and ephemera. I know you have shown the photos of your Noddy collection somewhere in the forum but I can't remember where. I would love to see your Noddy books collection as well because I am a Noddy fan too but I don't collect the merchandises or I will be broke!
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
Rob Houghton

Post by Rob Houghton »

I have all the 'Noddy Library' - the main books - though some are just paperbacks or very tatty. I'm slowly replacing them and have about 15 in dust wrappers in good condition.

Also have all the 'Big Noddy Books' - and a few others, like 'Noddy's Ark of Books' and 'Noddy Treasure Box' which is a puzzle book from the 1960's. But there are so many other Noddy books I don't have.

I think I have two or maybe three Bom books - two from the main series plus the Bom annual. :-)
hearts mad delight,
through the night.'

Society Member
sixret

Post by sixret »

My first introduction to Noddy is not from books but from watching Make Way For Noddy. I remember very well I watched the series every night when I was studying for exams. I have been hooked ever since. I started collecting Noddy books, the first main 24 books back in 2006. At first, I thought, that would be enough but I kept buying others.

Panichanvig

Post by Panichanvig »

Wondering if someone can help, I am after a noddy book for my wife that has 'the bear that lost his growl' in it, it was her favourite when she was a kid and I want one for her to read to our 2 year old sone.
Original she had was from around the 1980's and was part of a group of stories, just need something more robust than the 1957 original version I have seen on the internet!!! :lol:

Hope you can help
Lenoir
Favourite book/series: FFO/FF. Five run away together, Most FFO books.
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Lenoir »

Panichanvig

Post by Panichanvig »

Lenoir,

Thanks for that, I have seen copies avaialble but its a bit fragile to read to my son so I was looking for a newer one maybe as part of a collection that she can read to him.
Rob Houghton

Post by Rob Houghton »

I for one didn't realise it had been reprinted in a Noddy collection in the 1980's. I know there are similar 'strip stories' in The Noddy Treasury - which may or may not be in The Cave - I can't find it in a search so maybe not - but I am wondering which collection the story in question appeared in? :?
hearts mad delight,
through the night.'

Society Member