Famous Five Stationery

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Tony Summerfield

Famous Five Stationery

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I have just noticed these items on Amazon. They come from a 'publisher' called Kinkajou and are being released on September 3rd. I have no idea what they will be like, but they are quite pricey!

pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Famous Five Stationery

Post by pete9012S »

Is it connected to this??
BWI secures stationery deal for The Famous Five

Brands with Influence Worldwide has confirmed that Frances Lincoln will be launching a range of premium branded stationery products based on The Famous Five in 2015.

Following the Enid Blyton Estate’s recent appointment of Brands with Influence Worldwide to manage the licensing programmes across three of Enid Blyton’s most famous series, BWI launched the brands at BLE last year and have been delighted with the level of response from the licensing community.

“We’re very privileged to be working on these three prestigious literary brands - The Famous Five, The Secret Seven and The Naughtiest Girl,” commented Dom Wheeler, director, Brands with Influence. “The response has been really positive and it’s terrific that we’ll be working with Frances Lincoln in getting The Famous Five stationery range underway."

Karen Lawler, executive manager of licensing at the Enid Blyton Estate, added: “We are thrilled to be collaborating with Frances Lincoln on this range. Enid Blyton was fiercely enthusiastic about children’s literacy and we are confident that the products will delight a new generation of loyal fans who hold The Famous Five close to their hearts."

The three initial stationery products from Frances Lincoln will include a hard back real linen covered note book, a box of 30 postcards and a notelet book. The products will feature the classic Eileen Soper cover artwork and will be presented for the first time at Spring Fair next month.

“The strength and adoration for The Famous Five books internationally, gives us great confidence in creating a long term successful stationery range that we will sell across the World,” added Etta Saunders, stationery publisher at Frances Lincoln.
http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/bwi- ... ive/041469" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

It's a really good idea, but I doubt that they'll be really popular at the prices: it seems a bit much for what they actually are. But I like the fact that they've used the original Eileen Soper artwork, and I am curious to see what they're like...
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

£10.00 (or slightly under) each?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes, it's a great idea and they do look good, but I too am wondering how many they'll sell for that kind of price...
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

I also think they are a great idea, especially the postcards, but they are rather pricey. :(
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I agree with what others have said. Attractive items but they're on the expensive side.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

I think the postcards look interesting - a selection of pictures at 3 for £1.00 isn't too out of the way.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

I would consider buying the postcards. The company has obviously done their homework and realised that if they had used artwork by Betty Maxey the project would have been a non-starter. :D
Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Post by Courtenay »

John Pickup wrote:I would consider buying the postcards.
Me too, as a special present for a family member, for example. 30 postcards for 10 quid is not so bad, if they're good quality.
John Pickup wrote: The company has obviously done their homework and realised that if they had used artwork by Betty Maxey the project would have been a non-starter. :D
Agreed. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

You're never lost for a come back are you Pete? :D

I do like the look of the stationery but £10 a go is a bit much. I've added them to my wishlist anyway, by the time they're released Amazon might be selling them cheaper. One's already marked down by 1p!
Last edited by Fiona1986 on 30 Jul 2015, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
pete9012S

Post by pete9012S »

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

Fiona1986 wrote:You're never lost for a come back are you Pete? :D

I do like the look of the stationery but £10 a go is a bit much. I've added them to my wishlist anyway, by the time they're released Amazon might be selling them cheaper. One's already marked down by 1p!
Do you mean the Maxey stationary? ;-) :lol:

I think it's great that Soper's illustrations are being used, and that they are producing stationary items with adults in mind (as far as I can tell!) rather than aiming them at the trendy children's market solely. I agree they're a little expensive, which is a shame as it may reduce sales, but I'm guessing they would be excellent quality. Also, the price stated is the 'pre order' price. Although they state there's a 'price promise' regards pre-ordering, I'm sure, knowing Amazon, they won't stay that price for long, and will probably end up cheaper by October.

I agree the postcards are tempting!
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I'm sure Pete would cut us society folk a good deal!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Amazon's slashing of prices seems to have diminished slightly over the last few months, along with the increase in their postage charges. I found these stationery items whilst checking to see if they were already selling the annual, but it is still only available as a pre-order at £7.99 - supermarkets are likely to be cheaper!

Regarding the stationery I'm afraid I wouldn't want to pay £10 for something that I was just going to scribble in and/or tear bits out of. If I bought them they would stay in unused condition!!