Book Listing

The books! Over seven hundred of them and still counting...
Almas
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Adventure/Famous Five/ Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty (I have a crush on him!!)

Re: Book Listing

Post by Almas »

The booklising is amazing! I never knew that Enid had written so many books and it was a wonderful experience to browse through and check those striking older editions. I hate the covers of the newer editions!

Here's a scan of an edition of Shadow the Sheepdog:

Sorry if its small! :oops:
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

I'm afraid it's far too small - if you look back at the thread there is a scan of Peronel's Magic Polish which I posted. I think that's the minimum size - any other scans I sent later were all at least 1100 pixels wide.

(I sound pompous! :mrgreen: )

Society Member
Almas

Post by Almas »

I feel small! :(
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.
Almas

Post by Almas »

Here's a larger scan:

Hope you like it :D

Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I'm no dog expert, but isn't that a Collie?
Society Member
Matthew Roberts
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty and George

Post by Matthew Roberts »

Yep, it looks like a Rough Collie to me, but Collies are used as sheepdogs.

I can't remember which breed Shadow was.
Almas

Post by Almas »

While I was browsing through the The Secret Series I was a bit surprised to see even the Secret Seven listed in them! I think that's may be because both of the series have the word "secret" in them: http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/auth ... lue=secret :roll:

Once again, a marvelous booklisting! :D Image

Ming

Post by Ming »

Why the rolling eyes, then, as the Book Listing's search feature is just superb? :roll: If you can just remember ONE keyword, you're bound to get what you're looking for if all titles with the keyword is listed!! :roll:

Society Member
Ming

Post by Ming »

Tony (on the News page) wrote:We now have 115 books reviewed on the Book Listing, but I sometimes wonder if newcomers to this website are aware of this.
Perhaps we should have a Reviewed Books section! :)

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Most of the reviewed books are in the novels section, so just clicking on that and looking for the asterisk should be good enough. Obviously Up the Faraway Tree isn't here, which is why I pointed it out.

Incidentally in reply to Almas, clicking on the novels section and then on the series you want is the best way to see the series - obviously if you stick 'secret' into search you will pick up a number of things that you weren't looking for.
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

The book reviews are fine as they are, I dont think we need a special "reviewed books" section. The aim should better be to get every book reviewed. I might contribute a few myself if I have time, we should'nt leave it all to the (excellent) few who have done them so far.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Any reviews would be welcome, Terry is doing a great job and he has already covered the whole Famous Five Series, St. Clare's, Malory Towers, Faraway Tree and one or two of the one-off novels, but there is still plenty more to do.
Tony Summerfield

Ming wrote:Perhaps we should have a Reviewed Books section! :)
Keith has responded to this very quickly (from the News page) and has already added a Book Reviews section to the categories at the top of the Book Listing page.
Ming

Post by Ming »

Thanks to both Tony and Keith. :)

I'm gonna read all the reviews now! You can all tell that I have nothing to do (nothing new there!) :lol:

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Fast work keith and it looks good. For myself though I will continue to browse around the book listing reading bits here and there. Thats one of the pleasures of it for me, a sort of "thrill of the hunt" type thing. :D
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member