90s Famous Five Series - Australian DVD Release

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Gary Russell
Favourite book/series: FF
Favourite character: well duh...

90s Famous Five Series - Australian DVD Release

Post by Gary Russell »

Seems to be getting a full DVD release in Australia this winter

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-sho ... ve/955827/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: 90s Famous Five Series - Australian DVD Release

Post by Fiona1986 »

Well that's good news! I hope the postage won't be too terrible.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Paul Greaves
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series

90s Famous Five Australian DVD Set

Post by Paul Greaves »

Merged with an older thread.

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere on the forum but I couldn't see anything about it. Gary mentioned it was getting a release at the end of 2016 and it's now available on eBay. As it's a 6 disc set I assume its complete, however does anyone have it? Can they tell me whether Smugglers Top is included (unlike on the Dutch release)? And is the picture quality good or as ropey as the Dutch release?
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

My Linktree
Paul Greaves

Post by Paul Greaves »

Okay, so as I got no replies I assumed no-one has got this yet. So I took the plunge and bought it here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/More-Adventur ... 2749.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; £24.96 with free postage.

It arrived within a week and I'm pleased to announce appears to be complete with excellent picture and sound quality. An absolute must have if all you've got is the Dutch version. Here's some pics for you to peruse...

http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/paulg ... ous%20Five" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best,
P
"Outside of a dog, a book is Man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

My Linktree
Gary Russell
Favourite book/series: FF
Favourite character: well duh...

Post by Gary Russell »

Intriguing that it's called MORE ADVENTURES WITH... as if it was some kind of sequel rather than an adapatation of the books
Paul Greaves

Post by Paul Greaves »

Yes, I thought that. Although the back cover says the 1978 series is released by the same company, so perhaps their marketing strategy is to try and catch the nostalgia junkies that snapped up the earlier series? Especially as it says this version was never shown in Australia or New Zealand. Either way, I'm happy as I now have lovely copies of the 70s and 90s series and can junk the De Vijf box set :D

My Linktree
tiger76
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers
Favourite character: Anne Kirrin/Darrell Rivers

Post by tiger76 »

I've ordered this DVD today, I'm glad I managed to source this version, which is complete, as I thought I might have to take the plunge and purchase the Dutch version, and the price isn't that steep when you consider some of the other fees quoted for Blyton DVD'S. Think it's just shy of £30, which for the complete set is about par, especially when it's hard to get hold of.
Did midnight feasts really exist?
tiger76
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers
Favourite character: Anne Kirrin/Darrell Rivers

Post by tiger76 »

This finally arrived today, when I'll get round to watching them heaven knows, especially now I'm back at work.

These are by all accounts more faithful to the original period Enid set the FF in, although there might be some license with the plots from reading other people's comments.
Did midnight feasts really exist?