Michele Gallagher

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Re: Michele Gallagher

Post by number 6 »

Think it was 4th April 1964
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

That's interesting number 6, but where do you get that info from? One of the problems with the internet is that anything put on Wiki, for example, soon gets quoted as fact. The more it gets quoted , the more credible it seems (as more and more sources appear to give it as fact/ common knowledge). Sorry to question you- no doubting your credibility- I know you from the Jenny Thanisch Yahoo! site and read with great interest your posts.
Jack
Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Hi Jack. I used to belong to the official F5 club during the 1978 TV Series era, Which was advertised on the last page of each F5 book at that particular time. I received photos, etc, inc profiles of the actors/actresses from the 78 Series, Which had info on their acting careers/date of birth, etc. Michele's D.O.B. Was given as 4th April 1964. Gary/Marcus birthdays were correctly given. However, Jennifer Thanisch's birthday was given as 29th April 1965, but in fact it is on the 24th April 1964! So even the official club can be wrong at times! I think the F5 club shut down in the early/mid 80's, but I'm not 100% sure. They went under the name of Darrell Waters Ltd(?).
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

The Famous Five Club was shut down in September 1990 - I was asked to write an article on it for the Famous Five Annual, so I had to check things like this.
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Wow! I didn't think it lasted that long! Thanks for that, Tony. :D
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

Yes, thanks number 6 and Tony.

Jack
Society Member
daanton
Favourite book/series: FAMOUS FIVE
Favourite character: All the Five, but especially Anne.

Post by daanton »

Jack400 wrote:Yes, thanks number 6 and Tony.
And from myself as well.
Famous Five TV Fan
Sag

Post by Sag »

Does anyone know how to upload photograph s on this site
Regards
Sag
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Thanks for asking, Sag. It would be lovely to see any photos you'd like to post. Photos can't be uploaded directly onto the website. They need to be uploaded to an image-hosting site like Photobucket (there are other image-hosting sites, but Photobucket is the only one I've ever used). After uploading a picture to Photobucket, you copy and paste the image tag into your forums post. There are several tags next to the picture, but the one you want has (url=...)(img) at the start and (/img)(/url) at the end.

I hope that helps! If not, please feel free to ask any further questions.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: There are several tags next to the picture, but the one you want has (url=...)(img) at the start and (/img)(/url) at the end.
But remember to use square brackets, [ and ] :D
Society Member
number 6

Michele Gallagher

Post by number 6 »

Today would've been Michele Gallagher's 51st Birthday! Where has the time gone? It only seems like yesterday when She was on our TV screens playing George in the 1978 F5 series. Wish She was around to mark the occasion! :cry:
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:Thanks for asking, Sag. It would be lovely to see any photos you'd like to post. Photos can't be uploaded directly onto the website. They need to be uploaded to an image-hosting site like Photobucket (there are other image-hosting sites, but Photobucket is the only one I've ever used). After uploading a picture to Photobucket, you copy and paste the image tag into your forums post. There are several tags next to the picture, but the one you want has (url=...)(img) at the start and (/img)(/url) at the end.

I hope that helps! If not, please feel free to ask any further questions.
One of the most disappointing things about this site is not being able to upload photos directly. :-( I upload photos by first uploading them to Facebook, on a private setting if I don't want them to appear on my 'wall' then copying the URL and then deleting the photo from facebook when I've copied it. Long-winded, but it works! :shock:
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
daanton
Favourite book/series: FAMOUS FIVE
Favourite character: All the Five, but especially Anne.

Post by daanton »

number 6 wrote:Today would've been Michele Gallagher's 51st Birthday! Where has the time gone? It only seems like yesterday when She was on our TV screens playing George in the 1978 F5 series. Wish She was around to mark the occasion! :cry:
Here here! At least she would've been glad to hear we still remember her as tomboyish George.
Famous Five TV Fan
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Robert Houghton wrote: One of the most disappointing things about this site is not being able to upload photos directly....
Nigel put me on to tinypic.com. I'm sure you would find that a much easier way Rob.(If your image is too large for the forums there is even a choice of alternative sizes which is all done for you.)

I'm sure Nigel can explain/talk you through it better than me if you need any more info.

http://tinypic.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I use photobucket, but I resize all the illustrations on my own computer before I load them. I'm sure you have noticed but a few months ago I altered the width of images allowed on the forums to 620 to match the maximum width that I can use in the Cave, so that any Cave image can be put straight onto the forums. The previous maximum forum width was 520.