The One Show

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Liam
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George

Re: The One Show

Post by Liam »

Ming wrote:"Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only..."
I would have liked to have seen it myself. But the Empire doesn't seem to reach very far these days. :)
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I think that is more a matter of the BBC just making the service available to people who actually pay the licence fee as they live in this country. Of course nothing is perfect as the service is also available to people who have computers but don't have a TV and therefore do not pay the licence fee!

I guess that we use the same principle on this website as our secret passage continuation novels are only available to paid up members of the Society! :)
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Liam wrote:
Ming wrote:"Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only..."
I would have liked to have seen it myself. But the Empire doesn't seem to reach very far these days. :)
Have the same problem in Germany. If I have it right in my mind there were monopoly accusations, so that the BBC broadcasting limited the reach in the internet, so that it's not so big on the paper/statistic ... :D Compare: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC#Internet On TV I can see http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_One without pay for it, but must say the only think wich is interesting are the news, but must say that the quality of the German TV goes also down -- Trash TV: compare http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/arts/ ... d=all&_r=0
Tony Summerfield wrote:I think that is more a matter of the BBC just making the service available to people who actually pay the licence fee as they live in this country. Of course nothing is perfect as the service is also available to people who have computers but don't have a TV and therefore do not pay the licence fee!

I guess that we use the same principle on this website as our secret passage continuation novels are only available to paid up members of the Society! :)
Without question, it's right, you must take money for the effort. And the Society makes a very good job. I hope that I will find one day a pot with money on the end of a rainbow to support it also. :-)

Sun rise, and I sat the entire night on the computer. Now I must sleep. :-(
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Soenke Rahn wrote:Without question, it's right, you must take money for the effort. And the Society makes a very good job.
Just clarifying that the Enid Blyton Society is non profit-making. The subscription money covers the cost of printing and posting the thrice-yearly Journal.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Soenke Rahn

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Yes.
Anna Lou
Favourite book/series: F.F.,Barney Mysteries,Adventure,Find-Outers,Malory
Favourite character: Julian, Snubby, Fatty

Post by Anna Lou »

I missed this unfortunately, I'm usually a faithful watcher of The One Show too! :roll: I've had a quick search on Youtube but I don't think it's on there. If anyone recorded it and could put it on that'd be great!