1970s FF Documentary

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
ledzep93
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: Timmy

1970s FF Documentary

Post by ledzep93 »

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but am I right in thinking there's a documentary being made/has been made/was being made about the TV adaptation of the Famous Five from the 1970s? :)
"I'll send you a telegram if I see a small, big boy with blue eyes, fair hair - and how many fingers did you say?" said Robin

The Boy Next Door
number 6
Favourite character: George/Jo

Re: 1970s FF Documentary

Post by number 6 »

Yes, Ledzep93, There is a Documentary in the making. Marc Checkley, a New Zealand TV Producer, came over to the UK early last year to film location scenes & interview the cast from the 1978 F5 TV series. Gail Renard, Gary Russell, Marcus Harris & Richard Spark were all involved. According to Marc, the documentary is still in the making. I can't honestly say when it will be finished & released, but I hope it will be ready before the end of this year! :D
ledzep93

Post by ledzep93 »

Thanks number 6, i could've sworn I'd seen it being mentioned before :) Is Jenny Thanisch not involved in it?
"I'll send you a telegram if I see a small, big boy with blue eyes, fair hair - and how many fingers did you say?" said Robin

The Boy Next Door
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Marc Checkley has informed me that Jennifer Thanisch will be appearing in his F5 documentary. :D Marc is presently busy producing 'New Zealand's got talent' TV show & hasn't had much time to work on the documentary Lately. Apparently, he is having a problem with logo Copyright issues from the people who now own the rights to EB books, so that could hamper his efforts as well! :D
ledzep93

Post by ledzep93 »

Awesome! Thanks for the info number 6 :)

The Boy Next Door
petejt
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five

Post by petejt »

Any news on a release date?
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Afraid not. Marc is currently in Singapore, Where he is producing a few TV shows. However, if you'd like to drop him an e-mail re the documentary, etc, then you can contact him at: Marc.checkley@gmail.com :D
petejt
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five

Post by petejt »

Thanks very much for the email address contact. I'll write to him in due course.
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Marc spent a day with me for this going through my collection, was a really good day and I look forward to his skills bringing it to life
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
number 6

Post by number 6 »

George@Kirrin... Yes, it'll be great to see Marc's little project come to life! I did have a brief chat with Marc in early December 2013 (Via e-mail) regarding the documentary. He is still committed to it, but he's had to put it on the back burner for a while. This is due to commitments in Singapore. I'm sure it won't be long before we get to see the finished article. Fingers crossed! :D