German "Famous Five" Films

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Re: German "Famous Five" Films

Post by Wolfgang »

The DVD-sets of 2-4 I own have English subtitles, no 1 doesn't have. As far as I know No 1 was dubbed for the French market, if there is an official English dubbed or subtitled version I don't know.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
MaccasAU
Favourite book/series: The Secret Mountain
Favourite character: Dick

Post by MaccasAU »

I have the first 2 in DVD, no.1 is in German (no English subs, might try online) no. 2 has English subs. I have no. 3 in bluray it does has English subs don't have four but will buy with 5 when it comes out on bluray
Writing for children is an art in itself, and a most interesting one
-Enid Blyton
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Wolfgang »

The German Disney channel will show the first two films the next two Tuesdays at 20:15 and reair them the following Wednesday aroung 17:20.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I don't think I ever shared my thoughts on the fourth film, which I saw some time ago. It's set in Egypt and, like the third film (which takes place in Thailand), the exotic location means that it doesn't feel very Famous Five-ish, though I still enjoyed some aspects of it.

The original cast were getting too old by the fourth film so I'm glad there has been a change of cast for the fifth, which I've just watched. Julian et al look the part and their acting is very natural. Like the first two films, the story is set in Germany and features some lovely-looking woods, buildings, etc. The pace is on the slow side in the first half but it picks up in the second half and there are shades of The Circus of Adventure at one point. I don't want to give too much away but the mixture of characters is interesting and there's a pair of large rocks known as 'The Twin Brothers', which I thought was a nice Blytonian-sounding touch. It's a shame that there is a bit of 'language' that Enid Blyton would never have used - and I don't mean German!

https://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/rec ... manfffilms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Arthur

Re: German "Famous Five" film in 2012

Post by Arthur »

I love the funf Freunde film I’m a huge fan of the old childrens adventures and I love famous five and Funf Freunde five friends I have 3 Funf Freunde film t shirts and 2 posters abs all the DVD’s with subtitles there’s no subtitles for first one I wish there was dubbed English as the blurbs are Enid online
Last edited by Arthur on 17 Feb 2022, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

I love the Funf Freunde films so good I have 3 t shirt one is a rare orignal one with the five on and 2 film posters I love the old childrens adventures
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

I love this new films I have the DVD’s 3 t shirts and 2 posters no English dubbed witch is odd as there are loads of English blurbs on the films and famous five titles also I’m a member of tge Arthur Ransome Society I love the swallows and Amazons also I love most of the Blyton adventures all
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Welcome, Arthur. I enjoyed the first two Fünf Freunde films but felt that the third and fourth strayed too far from the original Famous Five.

I like Arthur Ransome's Swallows and Amazons books as well, though I didn't read them until I was an adult.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Arthur

Re: German "Famous Five" film in 2012

Post by Arthur »

number 6 wrote: 14 May 2011, 17:09 Hi Timmy 254. The film sounds quite interesting. I hope they keep the characters faithful to Miss Blyton's, though !! I look forward to viewing it in the near future, assuming it is released on DVD. :D

Regards
No6
. I love the Funf Freunde films I have 2 posters and 3 t shirts and the DVD’s
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Wolfgang wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 05:28 The German Disney channel will show the first two films the next two Tuesdays at 20:15 and reair them the following Wednesday aroung 17:20.
I love the films with English subtitles on my DVD’s I got DVD’s 2 posters and 3 t shirts one rare I’m a big fan I also love Arthur Ransomes Swallows and Amazons and other Enid Blyton adventures I do love the Funf Freunde films
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Anita Bensoussane wrote: 17 Feb 2022, 23:53 Welcome, Arthur. I enjoyed the first two Fünf Freunde films but felt that the third and fourth strayed too far from the original Famous Five.

I like Arthur Ransome's Swallows and Amazons books as well, though I didn't read them until I was an adult.
Yay I’m a member of the Arthur Ransome Socitey and the Arthur Ransome groups on Facebook and I like sailing