Jemima Rooper

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Jemima Rooper

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I have looked before I started this, but I thought we had a Thread that was just Jemima Rooper related (And I'm not just referring to the Lost in Austen Thread)

Anyway, Just thought I'd mention that Jemima will be on the West End from the 19th May, in Arther Miller's All My Sons, with, Poriot Co-stars, Zoe Wanamaker and David Suchet! :D

Having heard about this in advance, I've booked my tickets and can't wait to see Jemima perform live on Stage!

Am also hoping to stage door, and hopefully get to meet her before or after the show and get a picture! :lol:

This, needless to say, would be a dream come true for me! :lol:

And Can I just add? Most of the posts on Jemima Rooper come from either me or Good Ole Nigel? :lol:

Just an interesting few facts I thought I'd share! :D
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Pippa-Stef

Re: Jemima Rooper

Post by Pippa-Stef »

http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/londonth ... 335628.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a cast list!:)
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Pippa-Stef wrote: And Can I just add? Most of the posts on Jemima Rooper come from either me or Good Ole Nigel? :lol:
Ah, Jemima. will you be mine? [sorry]

Jemima was the perfect George imo. Imagine being cast away on an island with Jemina and Jenny Thanisch. Who would need Dick and Ju?!

Funnily enough, it was Hex that really drew me to Jemima. In spite of being a lesbian ghost, I would have loved the chance to bring her back into the real world. Lost in Austen was incredibly good. Jemima has the ability to spark a twinkle in whatever part she plays.

Last edited by Moonraker on 27 Aug 2010, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Post by Lucky Star »

Moonraker wrote: In spite of being a lesbian ghost, I would have loved the chance to bring her back into the real world.
BREAKING NEWS: Man arrested in Wiltshire for holding seance!! :D :wink:
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Moonraker wrote: Imagine being cast away on an island with Jemina and Jenny Thanisch. Who would need Dick and Ju?!

I would!! :lol: :lol:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Pippa-Stef

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Me too! Always room for a bit of Julian! :lol: :wink:

dsr

Post by dsr »

Moonraker wrote:
Pippa-Stef wrote: Imagine being cast away on an island with Jemina and Jenny Thanisch. Who would need Dick and Ju?!
And what's poor Laura (Petela) done to be left out!? :o
DSR
Enikyoga

Post by Enikyoga »

dsr wrote:
Moonraker wrote:
Pippa-Stef wrote: Imagine being cast away on an island with Jemina and Jenny Thanisch. Who would need Dick and Ju?!
It has been very difficult to follow Laura Petela's Post-Famous Five career, through she acted in an HBO movie, "Shot Through the Heart." I understand she is now a sales and events coordinator. Probably, the website below can shed a little more information about her after she left The Famous Five movie crew. Unlike her other fellow crew Famous Five members, it has been very difficult to get more information about what she is up to nowadays.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Laura_Petela" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stephen I
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

dsr wrote:
Moonraker wrote:
Nothing, dsr! Laura is so close to being my favourite Anne. However, I just can't ignore that wonderful smile and toss of the hair that Jenny did to perfection!
Society Member
swallows

Post by swallows »

Just to fill you in on Laura Petel'a post-FF career. She left school at 16, is now an events co-ordinator and lives in Bristol. She's a bit of a party girl.
Anne's Father
Favourite book/series: Famous Five - Five Run Away Together
Favourite character: Anne

Post by Anne's Father »

Moonraker wrote:
Pippa-Stef wrote: And Can I just add? Most of the posts on Jemima Rooper come from either me or Good Ole Nigel? :lol:
Ah, Jemima. will you be minea? [sorry]

Jemima was the perfect George imo. Imagine being cast away on an island with Jemina and Jenny Thanisch. Who would need Dick and Ju?!

Funnily enough, it was Hex that really drew me to Jemima. In spite of being a lesbian ghost, I would have loved the chance to bring her back into the real world. Lost in Austen was incredibly good. Jemima has the ability to spark a twinkle in whatever part she plays.
oh my word i never realised that was lil George!!!!!
and that comes with new laid eggs and lashings of ginger beer

"You may look like a boy and behave like a boy, but you’re a girl all the same. And like it or not, girls have got to be taken care of" - Julian - Five on a Hike Together
Pippa-Stef

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Reusing an old thread like a good girl! :wink:

You might be able to guess who I have just met again in London, but I dare you to guess anyway! :P

Thats right, the wonderful the talented, and GORGEOUS, the one and only Jemima Rooper!!!

Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Nice photo Steph. Did you just bump into her? Or was she on stage and you caught her coming out?

I bet Nigel will now turn into the hulk. (Going green etc) :lol:

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Pippa-Stef

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Not quite, I made the special effort to go to some West End award show, where she was nominated as best supporting actress in a play. :)

I got a hug! :shock: She came straight over to me and gave me a HUG! :shock: I was so shocked and estatic! :P
Julie2owlsdene wrote:I bet Nigel will now turn into the hulk. (Going green etc) :lol:

8)

Oh dear... should have thought of that!

Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Pippa-Stef wrote:Not quite, I made the special effort to go to some West End award show, where she was nominated as best supporting actress in a play. :)
I got a hug! :shock: She came straight over to me and gave me a HUG! :shock: I was so shocked and estatic! :P
Julie2owlsdene wrote:I bet Nigel will now turn into the hulk. (Going green etc) :lol:

Oh dear... should have thought of that!
And you didn't give her my email address.....? :mrgreen:
Society Member