Jemima Rooper

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Moonraker

Re: Jemima Rooper

Post by Moonraker »

Pippa-Stef wrote:
Moonraker wrote:Not sure that a tomboy would be happy at being called a transvestite! :shock:
Surely Jemima is a prime position to tell us exactly what George would like to be called? :lol:
God help us if we have to rely on actors to define an author's intentions! :shock:
Society Member
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

:lol:

Not even Jemima's interpretations, Old bean?
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Only if it was pillow-talk.
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Anita and I passed the theatre where Jemima is in action today, but we failed in our attempt to see if Pippa-Stef was hanging around outside! :lol:
Pippa-Stef

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Tony Summerfield wrote:Anita and I passed the theatre where Jemima is in action today, but we failed in our attempt to see if Pippa-Stef was hanging around outside! :lol:
Hehe! Very funny Tony!

Maybe you should have hung around and waited for her to come out! :wink:

Actually I'm not sure she's on this week. She tweeted about not being well at the beginning of the week! If One Man, Two Guvnors management had any sense they would have given her time off to recover.

Next week service resumes as usual! :wink: Might see if she's around on Tuesday before Paul (Child!)'s gig!
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

Pippa-Stef

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Shock Horror: Guess who I saw on Tuesday? :wink:

Went because I needed to get something sorted for Fiona before Paul's gig.

Jemima lovely as always and when I mentioned the interview and the way she describes George she told me that those weren't her words and that it was the guy interviewing them who slipped the word in. :lol:

Just thought I'd let you all know that at least that bit about George in the interview are not Jemima's own words. :)

Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

How lovely that you were able to see Jemima, Stef! I hope Paul's gig went well.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Pippa-Stef

Post by Pippa-Stef »

It was Smashing bumping into Jemima, Anita. Bless her. It's a long story but if anyone cares to hear it I'll happily post the entire episode.

Paul's gig was grand as well. Few problems, like the fact that the man himself was suffering from a cold, and they had a new keyboard player and it was the sound guy's first day. So I don't think he was too chuffed that the sound kept going wrong.

Still he was sweet enough the entire evening to me and my friends. I'm going to be blogging about it tomorrow so again, if anyone wants to know just click on the link in my signiture.

[Shuts up about Paul for now!]

Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Pippa-Stef wrote: Still he was sweet enough the entire evening to me and my friends. I'm going to be blogging about it tomorrow so again, if anyone wants to know just click on the link in my signiture.
*Prepares self to edit said blog*
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Pippa-Stef wrote:It was Smashing bumping into Jemima, Anita. Bless her. It's a long story but if anyone cares to hear it I'll happily post the entire episode.
I'd like to hear it, please! It's nice to know that Jemima is so friendly and down to earth - that's the impression I'm getting of her, anyway.

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:
Pippa-Stef wrote:It was Smashing bumping into Jemima, Anita. Bless her. It's a long story but if anyone cares to hear it I'll happily post the entire episode.
I'd like to hear it, please! It's nice to know that Jemima is so friendly and down to earth - that's the impression I'm getting of her, anyway.
I'd also be interested to hear it, Stef. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

We want the full details please, Steph. :D

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Pippa-Stef

Post by Pippa-Stef »

Anita Bensoussane wrote:

Did you get that impression on Saturday, Anita? :lol:

I'm VERY behind on my blogging, but I may be able to squeeze in a couple of blogs on Paul's gig, seeing Jemima and her last show last Saturday if anyone is still interested. My dissertation has rudely been taking up my time.

Anyway, just for people to see, this is the wonderful picture of me with Jemima from Saturday. Probably my favourite picture.

She was incredibly sweet as always! And gave me a present at the end of the night! :D But as I said if anyone's interested I'll do a blog or two tomorrow after a day of dissertation work!

Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator

Pippa-Stef wrote:
Anita Bensoussane wrote:It's nice to know that Jemima is so friendly and down to earth - that's the impression I'm getting of her, anyway.
Did you get that impression on Saturday, Anita? :lol:

Yes! Although we only had a chance to chat to her briefly, Jemima was warm and friendly and it was lovely to meet her - and to see you and Tony, Stef!

Tony and I went to see the matinee showing of One Man Two Guvnors at the Adelphi on Saturday while Stef and her friend Abbie had booked to see the evening performance, and we were able to meet up for part of the day (we also met another friend of Stef's). Tony and I plumped for day tickets, which meant we were sitting in the front row. A brilliant position as we could see the actors' facial expressions clearly, but Tony got more than he bargained for when he and another man from the audience were hauled up on stage by James Corden to take part in the action (and endure some good-natured teasing!) Apparently, Jemima was grinning at Tony from the wings! I certainly hadn't imagined that he would be treading the boards in the West End, but it added to the fun! A very enjoyable play, really funny. I especially loved the doddery old waiter played by Tom Edden, who in reality is relatively young. Saturday was the final day with that cast as they - including Jemima - are taking the play to Broadway, while a different cast take over in London at a different theatre.

To add to the excitement, while we were waiting for Jemima to come out after the matinee performance I spotted a face in the crowd that I recognised. It was my childhood friend Claire, who had been to the play with her husband. I hadn't seen Claire for six years, but she and her sister Andrea used to live round the corner from me in Colwyn Bay in the late 1970s/early 1980s. Journal readers may remember that I wrote about Claire and Andrea in Journal 45, as my sister Linda and I formed a detective/book-lovers' club with them when we were children. It was great to see her and have a chat.

Here's another photo taken outside the stage door - thankfully, I was behind the camera:

Society Member
Pippa-Stef

Post by Pippa-Stef »

It's a Jemima Sandwich! :lol:

I wish I wasn't twice the size her her! :roll: