Blatant plug time. Apologies but...

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
Petermax

Re: Blatant plug time. Apologies but...

Post by Petermax »

I received my refund from Hirst Books without even having to ask, it must be quite some time ago though. My guess is that Tim Hirst simply got out of his depth with far too many publishing projects.

Hopefully, Gary Russell will one day write Spies Smugglers and Spook Trains although at the moment he seems to have a far bigger workload than ever before with his forthcoming Australian project, quite an enviable position to be in. :D
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

After this saga has dragged on I'm really glad I opted not to pre-order the book. I sort of thought about it, and was tempted when it was said the copies would be signed, but I decided just to wait until it was published and I had a better idea as to the content. What a good decision I made.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

My thoughts exactly, Fiona.
ps - still enjoying the blog!
Jack
Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Thanks Jack :D
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
hlweathers

Post by hlweathers »

I received a prompt reply from Gary but he only has that email address for Hirst Books that he gave out here earlier this year, and there's nothing more he can do. He thought Hirst Books were on facebook but I looked and could only see a Hirst Books that looks all American. I think the name of the man who ripped us all off was Tim Hirst. But there are so many Tim Hirsts on facebook I wouldn't know which one it is.

It's the principle that annoys me here; not so much the £13.99. It makes you wonder how Gary got involved with them in the first place.

What's Gary's project in Australia? Is it Doctor Who related?

Helen
hlweathers wrote:I have sent a private message to Gary using this board. Let's see if it gets us anywhere.

Helen
hlweathers

Post by hlweathers »

If we ever do see the book in print I'm sure it will be worth having paid twice for.

Just wondered, "number 6", with a name like that, are you a Prisoner fan?

Helen
number 6 wrote:I spoke to Gary earlier this year(via twitter) & he said that the book was now firmly on the back-burner for the time being. This was due to other work related projects that had arisen & needed his full attention. I'am sure Gary is utterly fed up with the ordeal relating to the ill-fated book. All anyone can try to do to get a refund is chase it through the small claims court, but this may be pretty fruitless just for the sake of £15. However, anyone can still make a complaint against the publisher & try to get him investigated.
Gary will be leaving these shores for the land of OZ in two weeks time, to take up the challenge of producing a TV series. How long he'll be out there, I wouldn't know. As for the long awaited book, I think we'll have to wait for a very, very long time to see it in print...if ever we do! :shock:
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Hi Helen,
Sorry for the late reply. I've been quite busy recently, So I've not been able to get on the forums as much as I'd like. The answer to your question is "YES"! I've been a Hugh fan of the Prisoner for many, many years. Love the series, been a member of the Six of One fan club, & still make a regular pilgrimage up to Portmeirion in North Wales, where the series was filmed. :D