TV locations for the Famous Five series

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Re: TV locations for the Famous Five series

Post by number 6 »

Onkel Quentin wrote:The Pub is Great, number 6,
I was there for lunch, because I had to wait for the owner of decon pond farm. Meal was very good.
It is a great pub, O.Q. It's a long time since my last visit, but think I had lunch there...& maybe a few beers, too! I'm in the New Forest towards the end of July, so I may re-visit the farm again...& obviously stop off at the pub on the way back. It'll be rude not to! :D
Onkel Quentin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five Barney Mystery Series

Post by Onkel Quentin »

Number 6, if you go to the other side of the train track over the bridge, on the left side is as parking lot, beside a small forest (only some trees), I think it´s also a location from the Famous Five, where the children start their getaway in the fog.
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Thanks for the info, Onkel Quentin. It certainly looks like the scene you mention. I'll pop over in July & check. I'm sure I've a photo of this particular area, which I took when I visited the farm a few years ago. I tend to take a lot of photos of areas close to the location sites, just in case they may been related to a scene in an episode which I may have forgotten about or overlooked. It saves going back to a location that's not easy to get to. :D

I look forward to seeing more of your great pics. :D
Onkel Quentin

Post by Onkel Quentin »

Okay, who do you like this?
I think it´s very special!
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Another nice little pic, O.Q.! Whereabouts was this taken? I've seen a similar one at or near Sowley pond in the New Forest. :D
Onkel Quentin

Post by Onkel Quentin »

That´s right, it´s the boathouse of "Five on a hike together". The door on the front side is filled up. Here are two other pictures.
Image Image
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Wow! It is the same boathouse as I'm thinking of. It's certainly changed since I last saw it! Mind you, my last visit was several years ago! It looks like it's lower to the ground, as if it's had the mid section cut away and the roof stuck back on! When were your pics taken, O.Q.? :D
Last edited by number 6 on 26 Mar 2021, 23:12, edited 3 times in total.
Onkel Quentin

Post by Onkel Quentin »

It was the 16. of may this year (3 weeks ago).
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Thanks, O.Q. I didn't realise it was as recent as that! I could just about remember what the boathouse looked like, as it was a long time ago since I visited, but your pics have jogged my memory! It's great to see them. Did you get permission to enter the location area? There was no one around to ask when I was there! :D
I just might re-visit Decoy Pond Farm & Sowley Pond when I'm down that way in July.
When are you hoping to return to the New Forest? :D
Last edited by number 6 on 14 Feb 2021, 16:37, edited 2 times in total.
Helenbee

Post by Helenbee »

Oh these are great O.Q nice pics of locations I haven't seen :)

Can you share anymore of your trip pls?
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Post by Chrissie777 »

Onkel Quentin wrote:It was the 16. of may this year (3 weeks ago).
Great picture, Onkel Quentin! 8)
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock
Chrissie777
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Adventure Series, Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Jack Trent

Post by Chrissie777 »

Onkel Quentin wrote:Hello,
I am new in this forum. I am a Famous Five fan from Germany. Every year i visit the New Forest to find locations. My last visit was at the first week of May. Now I´ve been on every location of the Famous Five series. I hope it will be possible for me to show you some very interesting pictures. I am a friend of Lucke and he always tell me new locations. I am the guy, he wrote, who was in Rhinefield House last Novembre. I hope you can understand my english.
You are all great.
Thank you all for this forum.
Hello Onkel Quentin,

It's great to run into another German member :)!
The New Forest is still on my wish list of trips, but at least I went to Dorset and Corfe Castle twice where the 1957 movie "Five on a Treasure Island" was filmed (visiting movie locations has been a hobby of mine for many years).
Don't worry your English is fine.
I'm looking forward to reading many more posts by you! 8)
Chrissie

Society Member

"For me, the cinema is not a slice of life, but a piece of cake."
Alfred Hitchcock
L5taylor
Favourite character: Georgina

Post by L5taylor »

Annoying that it's a lovely day outside and I'm cooped up on the sofa feeling much like I have the plague! What's a better way to recoup than cram as many episode of Famius Five in as possible..

Has anyone got any recent pictures of Blackwater House (Kirrin Cottage). I've looked on Google maps but trying to compare it to the episodes, it seems different. Of course, it's been many years since so changes may well have occurred. I'm also aware that it's a private road but I did read one or two people had got permission to walk up there. I would seek to do the same myself when I plan a trip down there.
number 6

Post by number 6 »

I took some photos of Blackwater house about two years ago, L5taylor, but they're amongst a batch that I've misplaced/lost. I keep repeating myself over & over again. I just wish I could find the photos!
I never got permission to photo B/water house. No one was around to ask, so l took a few photos & hoped no one would mind! :D

I've also been watching a few of the F5 episodes today, which I've not done for quite a while! It's been a bad day where I live & I had nothing better to do! :D
Onkel Quentin

Post by Onkel Quentin »

L5taylor wrote:Has anyone got any recent pictures of Blackwater House (Kirrin Cottage). I've looked on Google maps but trying to compare it to the episodes, it seems different. Of course, it's been many years since so changes may well have occurred. I'm also aware that it's a private road but I did read one or two people had got permission to walk up there. I would seek to do the same myself when I plan a trip down there.
Hello, here I have some nice new pictures. If got permission to make photos from the outside from owner. I asked her "would you sell me your house?", and she said:"I´m sorry, but it´s sold some weeks ago!"
This are the moments in your life, you know, your chance is gone, because I wanted to buy this house, together with Luke (for me alone it would be to expensive), and then all my friends of this forum can come to have a tea.
I´m sorry......
Image Image Image Image