The Castle Of Adventure Film, 1990

Discuss the television and film adaptations of Enid Blyton's stories.
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Hi John

Welcome.

Did you mean that the original VHS was cut, or the TV broadcast?
I only have the official version, so if it is cut and anyone has the full version then I would absolutely love to see it, if anyone would be good enough to lend it to me.

I also agree a DVD release is a must...
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

moonraker wrote:The stars of the show - the eagles!
I haven't seen the film, but I can quite well imagine how magnificent and majestic they would look.

Society Member
dsr

Post by dsr »

Moonraker! Spoiler alert, please! I'm shocked. (Where's the finger-wagging smiley?)

Seriously, that is a plot twist I didn't want to know as I haven't seen the film yet.
John_1978

Post by John_1978 »

Hi George

The officially released VHS of "Castle of Adventure" on Tempo Video runs for 118 minutes, whereas the original TV serial was 8 episodes of approx 25 mins each. Therefore a considerable amount must have been cut out to produce a "movie" version. I have the official VHS but have never got round to watching it - as I have the full version I have always watched that version (although stupidly when I taped it I edited all the episodes together cutting off the main titles and end titles of each episode).

best wishes

John
George@Kirrin

Post by George@Kirrin »

Thanks John,

Don't suppose anyone has a copy of the TV taped version that they would be willing to loan me so I can see the edits? Or could do me a copy?

*Gives best smile and crosses fingers*
Last edited by George@Kirrin on 20 Feb 2007, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
Image The definitive '78 series nut.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

dsr wrote:Moonraker! Spoiler alert, please! I'm shocked. (Where's the finger-wagging smiley?)

Seriously, that is a plot twist I didn't want to know as I haven't seen the film yet.
I'm really sorry, dsr :oops:

I foolishly assumed we'd all seen it. I have removed the offending paragraph in case others unfamiliar with the film have not read the post yet.

I really must try harder......... :cry:
Society Member
Viking Star
Favourite book/series: Mystery, Adventure and Secret series.
Favourite character: Fatty, Mrs Hilton and Philip

Post by Viking Star »

George@Kirrin wrote:Thanks John,

Don't suppose anyone has a copy of the TV taped version that they would be willing to loan me so I can see the edits? Or could do me a copy?

Me too. I have the video, but didn't realise there had been a separate, longer TV version.
This is a Green Knight Book which means that it is a book by one of the most popular authors of all.
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

I was checking The Castle of Adventure on the IMDb and I had completely forgotten Rosie Marcel was in it. She has been in a number of recent TV programmes and is currently in Holby City. So often the children in these programmes never act again, as is the case with Jack and Lucy-Ann here - and the actor who played Philip doesn't even get credited. I wonder if Rosie Marcel's part had anything to do with the fact that her father directed it!

When we get our Film and TV section up and running on the site I hope we will manage to list full casts and not just some of the main parts.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

George@Kirrin wrote:

Sorry, Zoe; I must have missed your post!

I will run you off a copy...if the quality isn't too good, then I'll lend you mine.
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Tony Summerfield wrote: I had completely forgotten Rosie Marcel was in it. She has been in a number of recent TV programmes and is currently in Holby City.

I thought I recognised her. I don't usually watch Casualty, (it's far too annoying!) but I did see her recently.

However, I just caught the end of an episode and someone opened the doors at the back of an ambulance, and well......that's never happened in my ambulance. :cry:

PS from Jane: "It'd better not, either!
Society Member
Tony Summerfield

Same hospital, different programme!! She's not in Casualty, only Holby City - Tuesday evenings at 8.00. She was also in another series called The Vice. Pretty feisty in both!
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Well, at least we know your television habits! What's on Television X tonight? :wink:
Society Member
Kirrin

Post by Kirrin »

so can you get the cloud nine adventure series on video if so where from?
Tony Summerfield

Australia!! I now this sounds a bit silly, but they were never released over here.
Kirrin

video

Post by Kirrin »

Does this include the secret series?