Old English Stories Retold 1925

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
bobformbfc@gmail.com

Old English Stories Retold 1925

Post by bobformbfc@gmail.com »

Hi All
I'm wondering if anyone can help me I have a copy of the old english stories retold by enid Blyton(first edition)1925 i'm struggling to find a value for this book anywere.
If anyone can give me any advice or a value I would be greatly appreciative.
Thanks
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Old English Stories Retold 1925

Post by Fiona1986 »

I don't think anyone can give you an answer. There is no cheat sheet of Blyton prices, I'm afraid. You can try to see if there are any copies for sale on eBay, Abebooks or other sales sites (with eBay you can view sold/completed listings as well) to give you a guide if anyone else has given it a price. Other than that, it is simply worth what someone is willing to pay for it!
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Re: Old English Stories Retold 1925

Post by Rob Houghton »

It all depends on the condition of the book, obviously. As a rough guide, I would suggest between £15 - £20, but it all comes down to demand. If someone really wanted a copy they might pay more...I always say 'a book is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it'!
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member