Looking for Book of Stories

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
darus92

Looking for Book of Stories

Post by darus92 »

Hello,
I am looking for a collection of stories by Enid Blyton. The cover was a midnight blue and it had many different short stories. It would have been bought for me in the mid 1960's but may have been printed earlier. Illustrations were black, red, and white. There was a story about a fairy who wanted to use the magic in her wand to see the fairy queen but used it instead to save an elf trapped in muck. Another story had an elf who made faces warned his face would be stuck when the wind changed. I have looked and looked. The book was a cherished piece I lost in a house fire and read to my own children. Thank you
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Looking for Book of Stories

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

Have a look in the Cave of books, darus92, and you may see the book you're hoping to find inside there. :)

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

Quite intriguing! I remember both these stories, but I've done a 'Cave' search on here and can't find anything much at all. Was this a big sized book or small book?

I find it interesting that the illustrations were coloured with black and red - sounds like a book that was maybe older than the 1960's. As the cover was 'midnight blue' - was this plain boards, or the general colour of the wrapper?
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member
darus92

Post by darus92 »

Yes I have went through the cave of books and can not find it either. It may be older than the 1960's but was sent to me in the mid 1960's from my great Aunt in Liverpool (I live in the States). It may have been one of her children's books and she was recycling. I'm quite sure it was a board book cover not a jacket style and it was at least a normal 9 in x 11 inch size. I thought it said something about sleepy time tales but what is in the cave of books is not what I had. I also had the Bedside Book #7 that I found in the cave but the book I'm looking for was much thicker and appeared older.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

It may have had a jacket before you got hold of it, Darus. So you might not recognise it in the cave even if you saw it.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member