Enid Blyton's Big Book

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Mary Mouse

Enid Blyton's Big Book

Post by Mary Mouse »

In 1961. I was given 'Enid Blyton's Big Book' which was a red book similar in size to the Holiday Annuals, and one story I loved was about a family of otters. Their pond was drying up and they were all having to go their own separate ways-- each otter said its own goodby to the pond where they had been born, so it was all very sad!

Years later, I came across a more modern edition of the book which had 1970s children on the cover. I bought it and enjoyed the stories again. However, it got lost during a house move and I have never seen it again.

Does anyone remember this book, and the story about the otters?
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Enid Blyton's Big Book

Post by Courtenay »

Hi Mary Mouse,

I haven't ever seen the book you're thinking of, but I've found what is almost certainly it in the Cave of Books on the main part of the website: http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... lyton+Book" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; You can see the cover of the 1970s edition too, and there's a list of all the story titles. :D

There are several copies of both editions on eBay at various prices (none outlandish and some very reasonable!), if you're interested.
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Mary Mouse

Re: Enid Blyton's Big Book

Post by Mary Mouse »

Thanks, Courtney. That is the very book, and I remember now, the otter story was called 'The Whistler'. Looking at he list of contents, it seems just like yesterday, and I remember all the stories!
I must see if I can get a copy of it on ebay.