Help locating a Blyton title!

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Claire M Dunne

Help locating a Blyton title!

Post by Claire M Dunne »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could aid me in my search for a particular Enid Blyton title. It's a gift for someone and it was actually his first read (so I want to be pretty sure I track down the correct title!)

I think it belongs to the Famous Five series. I know that the book opens with a car breaking down. It possibly has the word Moor in the title.

All help greatly appreciated!!

Claire
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Help locating a Blyton title!

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

If it has moor in the title, then it will be Five Go To Mystery Moor. If the book starts with a car breaking down, then that one is Five Get into A Fix.

If you go to the Home Page, on the top of this page - Society Website - you will see a set of boxes with pictures on and some of Enid's series. The Famous Five is one of those boxes, click on that and it takes you to all the Famous Five titles.

Hope this helps.

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
walter raleigh
Favourite book/series: 5 Fall Into Adventure/R Mysteries/Adventure Series
Favourite character: George Kirrin

Post by walter raleigh »

"Five Goes to Mystery Moor" starts up with the two boys being picked up in a horse and cart, which with the way the memory plays tricks, might be rembered as a car breaking down.
"Stuck in a state of permanent pre-pubescence like poor Julian in the Famous Five!"

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

I've just seen your question raised on enidblyton.net, and I tend to agree with "Fatty" that it might well be Five Get into a Fix, as a car acts oddly at the start of that. I would have thought though that you would have remembered the snow, and it was Welsh hills, not moorland as the setting.
Society Member
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

When you've not read Blyton for a while, and you think back to a certain book, it is easy to get two or three books in your head and you can't seperate them. So maybe Claire is remembering the title of Moor, and a breakdown which is in Fix, and who knows, it could be another book altogether! :lol:

Hope you manage to find this particular title. Do look at the other titles in the series, I'm sure the front cover will jog your memory of the one you want. :)

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member