Looking for a book

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Nikkia77

Looking for a book

Post by Nikkia77 »

In 1981 my brother & I each received an Enid Blyton book for christmas. Mine was the yellow hard backed The Magic Faraway Tree which I still have, my brothers was a purple hard backed book with an illustration similar to the one on mine only for the life of me I can not remember what it was called.
It was possibly a short story collection as I vaguely remember a story where some sort of toy (possibly a bear) buys a house in a box that it puts together itself but I don't know I'm not just making that up.
Thanks for reading & for any help you can give x
Katharine

Re: Looking for a book

Post by Katharine »

If the copy you had was published by Deans, you could try looking in The Cave. There are about 30 books in that series, and if you scroll through them, you may spot the one you are looking for.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Re: Looking for a book

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Welcome, Nikkia. You may possibly be thinking of Tales of Toyland and Other Stories (Dean & Son):

Tales of Toyland is a chapter story which takes up the first half of the book, and it's followed by 11 unrelated short stories. In Tales of Toyland, Tiptoe the fairy-doll and Jolly the sailor-doll buy a box of toy bricks and build themselves a house, following the instruction book. Later in the story, Bruiny Bear comes to live next door. His house of bricks has been knocked down by a clumsy rocking-horse, so he tries building a house of cards to live in. That doesn't suit his needs, so he ends up moving into a house vacated by some wooden soldiers who have gone to live in the fort.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member