Please help me identify this Noddy book?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
rickstar

Please help me identify this Noddy book?

Post by rickstar »

Hi. In my childhood, my grandma had one of the noddy books and we used to read it there. I can't remember which one it is though, I do remember though that it is set in a school or nursery, The teacher is called Miss Rap, and the story contains the line:
"Bunny Rabbit, stand up please. You've painted yourself yellow. You shan't go out to play today, you naughty little fellow."

Is anyone aware of which book it is?
Spitfire
Favourite book/series: Most of the stand-alone stories
Favourite character: Snubby & Mr. Twiddle.

Re: Please help me identify this Noddy book?

Post by Spitfire »

Hi Rickstar, welcome... :)

I think the book in question must be Noddy Goes To School, though I can't find that particular line in my 1996 edition.

Check this out:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/book ... +to+School" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sarah
Society Member

Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. Psalm 139
rickstar

Post by rickstar »

Thanks. I bought that recently thinking it was that one. But it's not.
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Hmm, it doesn't sound like a Noddy story to me. Are you certain that it might not be from one of Enid's hundreds of short stories?
Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Strange as Miss Rap is the teacher mentioned in the Noddy story, however the line quoted sounds like part of a rhyme which might make it slightly easier to track down.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

I'm wondering if it appeared in an early version, but has been edited out for some reason now? I've just had a quick skim through my 1980s edition, and didn't spot those particular lines. However I know that some sneaky editing, other than just removing the gollies has crept into the books. Such as in book 1, the judge is now a lady doll, rather than the man in earlier editions.

Or could the story have been in one of the Big Noddy books?
Society Member
tix

Post by tix »

rickstar (Sept 12th, 2013) wants to know where Bunny Rabbit painted himself yellow.
He did that in 'A Day at School with Noddy' - the Cave of Books should have a picture of the cover.