Please help :)

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Martinet9

Please help :)

Post by Martinet9 »

I owned an enid blyton book about 20 years ago. It was a big hardback probably about a4 size.
I'm convinced the front cover had a picture of a man walking past a row of houses or shops there was also a dog and sausages running on little legs.
It had stories in it including, the magic treacle jug, the singing kettle, the runaway shoes, one about some polish and lots more.
Can anyone please please help me find this book for my little boy.
Thank you so much x
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Please help :)

Post by Fiona1986 »

Those titles appear in at least 10 different story collections each, but I can't find any that have a cover like you describe.

If you go to the cave of books you can search for the stories yourself and see if anything looks familiar.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Martinet9

Post by Martinet9 »

Searched and searched and can't find it :( think I also remember a story called do hurry up Dinah ?
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

The Cave of Books features all the books published during Enid Blyton's lifetime but not all the later annual-type books, short story collections, etc. (though the Cave does have quite a lot of them). I've collected a few annual-sized Enid Blyton books over the years and have just checked them, but I'm afraid I haven't got one like that. I hope someone can help, Martinet9.
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member