Five Find-Outers Short Stories?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Five Find-Outers Short Stories?

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

The Mystery of Cliff Castle and Smuggler Ben, were actually publishd in 1943, as complete stories, Snehalatha. They may only have around 12 chapters, but they weren't classed as short stories. They were combined together a little later in one book called as you say Mystery Stories. And Melling Cottage is a good story, one of the John Hollins, stories. :)

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Nair Snehalatha

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

Yes, Julie--I enjoyed reading them --- so also ''Children Of Kiddillin'' and ''Mischief At St. Rollo's''. ''Children Of Kiddillin'' is set in Scotland --- a wartime plot--- thrilling and superb.Illustrations are by Eileen Soper--- gorgeous. Hodder & Stoughton.Both books are great. :) :)
Tony Summerfield

Post by Tony Summerfield »

Before you post wildly, you need to check your facts, Snehalatha. Children of Kidillin was certainly not illustrated by Eileen Soper and nor was it ever published by Hodder & Stoughton, none of the Mary Pollock books were.

I am not too sure what the post is doing in this thread anyway as it is totally irrelevant. You have reached 200 posts in under four weeks and it took me just over a year to reach the same number. I guess this is mostly because I tried to answer what others were saying, something that you could perhaps do a bit more!
Nair Snehalatha

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

Yes, so sorry--- Tony--- should be sure about things before I write. Amazing that I have reached 200 posts. It shows how much eager I am to write about Enid Blyton--- should have thought about correct posts etc.Perhaps that explains why so many duplicate posts come up for me. :cry: