Wedding present

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
jh82

Wedding present

Post by jh82 »

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help. I'm getting married next month and I'm looking for a book for my wife that was read to her as a child by her grandad. She doesn't know what it's called and the info I got out of her at the time is a little thin. It would have been read to her around 1994-96 and it was a book of short stories. She remembers a character moon face that I have found to be from the enchanted forest story. My question really is if anyone knows anywhere I would be able to find a database of sorts that would list books with this story in it.

I'm still waiting or her parents getting back to me to see if they can help but for now that's all I've got to go on. Hope someone can help.

James
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Wedding present

Post by Fiona1986 »

Um, the main website here is a database of just about everything that Blyton is known to have written. You can find it here: http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/cave-of-books.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are hundreds of short story collections in there, so either you'll need to browse all the ones from the 90s (assuming it was a 90s book, not an older one) or try the search function - though that's only useful if you have an idea of any of the story titles.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Lucky Star
Favourite book/series: The Valley of Adventure
Favourite character: Mr Goon

Re: Wedding present

Post by Lucky Star »

It was probably The Enchanted Wood. Its all one book but the chapters are episodic so that once you are familiar with the characters you can read each one as a stand alone story as each is an adventure in itself. There are two other sequels to it as you'll see in our Cave of Books but that is the most commonly read one. I think half the population must have read it at some stage, its a classic really.
"What a lot of trouble one avoids if one refuses to have anything to do with the common herd. To have no job, to devote ones life to literature, is the most wonderful thing in the world. - Cicero

Society Member