Is this Enid Blyton or do you recognise it from elsewhere?

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Taboolie

Is this Enid Blyton or do you recognise it from elsewhere?

Post by Taboolie »

Hi, new to the forum. Have posted on other forums but no luck so far!

book I read probably towards 1980, but the book was much older.

It was in a ballet school and somebody had sabotaged some ballet rosin/ resin with grease or similar.

I seem to remember other parts of the story involving a pagoda and then children who ended up swimming in a cove and something to do with ribbons! But these may have been different short stories in a larger book. I think I remember that the book may have had a red cover. Once I get a clue I'll know exactly what it is, but at the moment I am stumped.

Many thanks, hope someone can help, the half remembered storylines are driving me up the wall!
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Re: Is this Enid Blyton or do you recognise it from elsewhere?

Post by Fiona1986 »

It sounds slightly familiar, I'm sure someone has discussed something like this on the forums before, though I am certain it wasn't a Blyton book. I can't remember the book title or the thread title or anything helpful! I'm sure somebody else will though :)
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Could it be by Noel Streatfield? I don't recognise the incident from Ballet Shoes, but she also wrote a number of other books. I've got a couple about a girl called Gemma, but I've never got around to reading them, so don't know if they feature dancing or not.
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

Lorna Hill wrote a number of ballet school books, her best known being the Sadlers Wells series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorna_Hill" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I read one or two of them as a child but I'm afraid I don't remember much about them now, but thought I'd mention them just in case any of the titles ring a bell.

Good luck with finding the book!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member