The weather people??? Not Blyton

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
chloe1

The weather people??? Not Blyton

Post by chloe1 »

This is a long shot and I apologise that its not Blyton but there is such a wealth of childrens literature knowlege here I have to ask.

I can remember a book as a child about a couple who lived in one of those weather houses where one person comes out if it rains and the other if its dry. I cant remember much else other than I loved it.

Does it ring a bell with anyone?
chloe1

Re: The weather people??? Not Blyton

Post by chloe1 »

Oooooh I might have found it. My google search has just found The Little Weather House by Elizabeth Macdonald but I cant find any pictures or story summary. Has anyone read it who can summarise for me?
Hannah Shannon

Re: The weather people??? Not Blyton

Post by Hannah Shannon »

Hi,
I've been looking for the weather people story, too, and I was convinced that it was Blyton who wrote it. Curious!
If 'The Little Weather People' is the story I remember (and I can't find anything about it on the web to confirm or deny) then a little boy and girl who are neighbours come across an old fashioned weather house which turns out to be magic. The weatherpeople can give them ten wishes, so the story is a bunch of short stories which tie together, a wish per story. The children go back in time and watch a fire on the hill where they live, they go to Mars, the girl un-says something mean to the boy, and other things I don't remember. They spend their last wish in freeing the weatherpeople.
Does this ring any bells?