Gary Russell

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
Soenke Rahn

Re: Gary Russell

Post by Soenke Rahn »

Moonraker wrote:In any case, this has been done to the death. Most of us have had refunds, it's a bit late to raise the issue now. I really think that it is time to lay this particular ghost to rest. I am sure that if the book comes to fruition, Gary will let us know. I for one would love to read it.
Yes, see it like you. If he will take time for the project it would be a nice surprise for everyone one day to get it. So let's wait. :-) By the way, I found this on the fanpage: http://www.fuenffreundefanpage.at/de_sc ... -gary2.htm and this: http://www.fuenffreundefanpage.at/en_sc ... 8-gary.htm could be interesting. ;-)
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

Thanks for them links, Soenke. They are very interesting! So, Gary Russell is writing a book all about his time filming, or were them links what he was really working on?
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Dick Kirrin
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Julian, Dick

Post by Dick Kirrin »

@Poppy: The links guide you to something Gary wrote for the EBS. He gave a talk at an EB Day and this is his concept or draft. :)
A nice read it is, too. Gary uses his sense of humor to very good efforts. :D

If there will be a book out on his time as Dick, or not is something time will tell.
He has a living to make, and I seriously doubt that such a book can be more than a side-line. Working to schedule, especially as a full-time writer, is hard work, so let's just wait. If there is a book coming out, Gary will let us know. :wink:
"You just never knew what would happen. It made life exciting, of course - but it did spoil a cycling tour!"
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

Thanks for that, Dick Kirrin! :D
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member