Pixie shoemaker / cobbler; white dead nettle

Looking for a book or a story? Post details here and hopefully someone will be able to help.
fivnten

Pixie shoemaker / cobbler; white dead nettle

Post by fivnten »

I am a new member to this fascinating forum, reaching back into the dusty recesses of my antique brain and recalling one or two favourite Enid Blyton tales of my childhood. Here's another that somebody might recall.

It concerns a pixie or elfin shoemaker or cobbler (he had a name that I have now forgotten).

At the end of the tale Miss Blyton informs us that if we look closely at - and this is where I am also unsure - the flower of the white dead nettle - or at least a flower from the nettle family, we may see the little shoes this pixie has hung up.

A charming and typical Bytonian romance. As a child I was always on the lookout for this flower in the hope of seeing these "shoes".

Now; can anyone tell me from which book the story came? I imagine it may be one of her stories that was published more than once. In my case we are talking of a book that would have been available at the latest in the 1950s/60s.

Thankyou in anticipation!

Graham
:)
tix

Re: Pixie shoemaker / cobbler; white dead nettle

Post by tix »

On Oct 27, 2011 fivnten wrote: "Pixie shoemaker / cobbler; white dead nettle"

The story is called "A Fairy Secret" (Good Morning Book).
fivnten

Post by fivnten »

Thanks, Tiq.

Graham
:-)
Nair Snehalatha

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

''A Fairy Secret '' is also in ''Tell-a- Story' Book''--containing The Little Sugar House and other stories.This little book has 10 stories.--- all as delightful as the other.''A Fairy Secret'' is about the white dead-nettle flowers-- at the TOP of the flower '' neatly arranged in pairs,you will see the hidden goldy sandals of the little folk.'' Enid even writes that ''Touch the shoes gently,and maybe they will leave magic on your finger that will bring you good luck all that day.''Has anyone tried---I'm sure it's true. :)