Read Someone's Book Blurb and Give it a Title

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Mehul
Favourite book/series: Secret Seven, Six Cousins and FFO
Favourite character: Peter, Roderick, Jack from SS, Susan etc

Read Someone's Book Blurb and Give it a Title

Post by Mehul »

Hallo, this is a good attempt for another game. Its a reverse of 'Make up a book title and guess what it might be about".
Rules: First I will post a story blurb (invented of course). And someone else has to invent a title for it. That person has to post another blurb.

Hope it becomes popular soon.
My first-
Jack, Ovan, Kenneth and Hilary Dorbely are very happy. They are going to stay out to camp for a whole month in the moors ALONE. They are soon in the moors and become fast friends with Sam Mattacy, another camper, and his dog, Golfer, a brindle Boston Terrier.
The children are there for just a short time when they realise that somebody wants to get them of the land. Then, in the night, ghostly voices start to come, ordering them off the moors. The next day the children find Ovan and Kenneth gone. Can the five (no, three) solve the mystery and find the two missing boys. Or will they obey the person's warning and get out of the moor, with Ovan and Kenneth trapped?
SPORTY EEL was here.
Nair Snehalatha

Re: Make up a book blurb, and tell its title

Post by Nair Snehalatha »

Yes, Mehul-- it seems interesting-- lets hope it catches up-- if you know what I mean.

title could be--'' Five children , a dog and a ghost.''

I'm up with my innovative ''blurb''-- In a lovely little cottage in the country lived Betty, Bobby, and Belinda. They had a talking parrot -- Oh m god-- it's he parrot's name ofcourse-- he had the habit of saying Oh m god whenever he spied any stranger-- New people suddenly come to live in the empty house next door-- there is a boy there the same age as the children--- Kenneth-- who is big, bold and brave.They all become friends-- the parrot seems to love Kenneth--- who teaches it a few more new words -- rather sentences-- I want tea and cake---, look-out ,you, -- One day Kenneth and the parrot disappear--. Where have they gone? Will they come back again?
Mehul

Post by Mehul »

Actually that title does not seem very Blytonish to me.
SPORTY EEL was here.
Nair Snehalatha

Well, it could be-- Five detectives and their moorland adventure--. How about that? :) :) :) :)
Mehul

Post by Mehul »

Now- that is nice. Yes, very Blytonish.
I have a very good title in mind but as I can't think of a blurb, I won't post it. :( :(
SPORTY EEL was here.
Nair Snehalatha

Thankyou Mehul-- think of a blurb fast :) :) :)
Mehul

Post by Mehul »

Let's see.

The mystery of the boy and the bird
Blurb- (This is for Malory Towers since I can't think of a better blurb than one belonging to the school series)
Felicity is in the Sixth Form, as head girl. Darrel and Felicity's cousin, Tessie is going to Malory Towers, as a first former. From start, she loves everything and makes friends with Katie, another first former. Tessie and the others soon settle down. Half term comes and goes. At the end of half term, though, Mam'zelle makes a shocking announcement. Miss Grayling is retiring as she finds it impossible to manage school affairs at her age. And so, Miss Grayling's niece, Miss Jade will become the headmistress. Just like her aunt, Miss Jade is just as calm, just as dignified, and even speaks the same words as her aunt. Soon after Miss Grayling gets replaced, Katie begans to act strangely and suddenly appears to Felicity as somewhat familiar.
SPORTY EEL was here.
Nair Snehalatha

Well, it really nice-- Mehul-- the title could be-- The Adventures of Katie at Malory Towers---
Now here is my blurb- Am going to write from the Find Outers--
Fatty ,Larry and Pip-- go and do a bit of shopping by themselves-- Daisy and Bets are in Bets's home as the Hiltons have a lovely , cosy playroom-- Buster is with them, jolly and playful.-- Suddenly Buster begins to growl-- the growl he gives as if to say-- Beware'-- Daisy and Bets go down the stairs , with Buster following growling all the time. Bets suddenly tells Daisy about the new maid they are having there-- since the old one, Gladys who was very fond of the children , had gone on a few months' leave. Daisy and Bets are just in time to see a man going out through the kitchen door-- he had a checked , soiled shirt and dirty looking trousers-- blue ones.-- The man was stocky and well built.The new maid, Tittle looked scared when she saw Daisy and Bets in the kitchen-- What exactly had she been up to?-- Fatty would have to be told-- no doubt.
snugglepot
Favourite book/series: Five Find Outers, Faraway Tree, Barney Books
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by snugglepot »

The Mystery of the Maid.

Diana, Roger and Snubby are delighted to receive an invitation from Barney to join him as he tours with his father to a Shakespearian Festival in Stratford-Upon-Avon.
Upon arrival, our mystery lovers find that someone is disrupting the festival. Scripts, props and backdrops have been damaged, or gone missing. The actors are all afraid and with good reason as soon one of them is almost killed on the stage! What is happening? Can Barney and his friends solve the mystery and help the festival to go ahead?
Nair Snehalatha

a suitable title could be-- The Stratford-on Avon mystery--- Now for my blurb-- Colin and George of the Secret Seven are busy swapping stamps in Colin's house-- suddenly a knock sounds on the door -- when the boys open the door they find Susie outside , looking as worried as ever--she says her friend, Binkie ,who has come to stay with her, has just disappeared-- Colin and George think it is one of Susie's jokes-- but no, says Susie, crying tears down her cheeks-- she had gone to Peter and Janet's house , but they were out. Colin and George with Susie tagging along go to Peter's place-- what could have happened to Binkie?
Mehul

Post by Mehul »

Its a bit irrelevant because the Secret Seven books titles are off topic.
Ummm...
Secret Seven Search a Girl.
Next-

Delia and David have arrived at Whyteleafe and they love it there. They immediately become firm friends with John Terry and Elizabeth. John makes them vice heads of the school garden. They make friends with everyone (Even Arabella!). Then one day, Thomas announces that since the junior classes haven't got monitors, it is beginning to get really tough to keep them in order. So they decide to keep 14 monitors instead and the twins are overjoyed when they are chosen as the new ones. They can't sit on the platform right away because it is not big enough. But two lower platforms are built within the next week and so they can finally sit. The twins soon settle down and began to enjoy it all. Then one day, a letter arrives from Lizzie - no Elizabeth that her first full length novel The mystery on the Orion Express has been published and is now a bestseller. The twins are very happy to know this. However, slowly things begin to change. They receive an anonymous note signed by a person who could win. Who is this person and what s/he want?
Well that's the best I can do. Another detail - David recieved the William and Rita Award.
Nair Snehalatha

Yo ur blurb was very good, Mehul-- super, in fact--it could be-- The anonymous letter writer- Let me have a shot now --- Two old ladies come as paying guests in Aunt Fanny's place--- as she needs a bit of money Uncle Quentin agrees--- Joanna the old cook has to do a lot more cooking now, as the old ladies love Joanna's cooking.--- the jam tarts are scrumplicious, the gingerbread delicious, the pork pie delumptious , the macaroons are wordless-- and so on and so on.-- All is fine until one fine day , a letter arrives --- the two old ladies look restless and disturbed-- even scared-- what is in the letter and who could it be from? Aunt Fanny tries to find out-- but accepting defeat, calls up Julian--- another matter to be solved-- what would Famous Five find? :) :)
Francis
Favourite book/series: Mountain of Adventure / Adventure and Famous Five
Favourite character: George and Timmy

Post by Francis »

'Five are 'lost at sea'

Whilst sailing a friends sailing boat off Cornwall, the Famous Five encounter a terrible storm.
Luckily they have a weeks food as they were intending to visit an Island and camp on it.
After 3 days in the boat, totally unaware of where they have been blown to they arrive on
a deserted island. Finding a lovely 'den' hidden in a cliff the Five find lots of passages, a ruined
old house with secret ways and a wonderful treasure. They are alone - or are they? Will they discover the secrets of this mysterious island, will they avoid capture by a brutal gang and will they be able to escape and raise the alarm? Read about the thrilling events that crowd into this exciting book!
Society Member
Mehul

Post by Mehul »

Francis, I don't think that you understood the instructions properly. You have to make up a book blurb and the next person has to invent a title. You have done it like Make up a book title and guess what it might be about, topic (The same mistake Loony the Dog did).
SPORTY EEL was here.
7upromana01
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George, Julian, Anne, Timmy

Post by 7upromana01 »

Title:
What happened to the Secret Seven?
Abi.

Still trialling other writers, but will eventually go back to reading a bit of Blyton! Just too many books...

Occasionally will pop in! xx