Five Find-Outers And Dog Mystery By You!

Use this forum for quizzes and other Blyton games.
Timmylover
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Five Find-Outers, Barney Mysteries
Favourite character: Have a guess

Re: Five Find-Outers And Dog Mystery By You!

Post by Timmylover »

That I haven't even seen. You're not here with us, Larry and Daisy - you're supposed to be with the farmer. Only Bets, Pip and I are in Mrs Bell's house. Am I hearing voices in my head?" Now it was Pip's turn to look alarmed. "That's a sign of a serious mental illness so no, Fatty, you can't be hearing voices in your head. That would be so out of character for you. You're not mad, old thing, it's just the continuity in this story that's mad."
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers".
Charles W. Eliot, The Happy Life, 1896.
ria ann
Favourite book/series: Famous Five,Five Find-Outers,St.Clares,
Favourite character: Timmy, George,Bobby,Claudine,Alicia

Post by ria ann »

Sorry for the interruption but I am not understanding anything from this story. :? :? :? :? :?
Can someone please explain it?
Ria Ann
Timmylover

Post by Timmylover »

Well, it's not much of a story is it? It could have been, but lousy continuity, inappropriate colloquialisms and missed opportunities for an interesting plot have turned it into the nonsense you've been trying to read.
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers".
ria ann

Post by ria ann »

Ok,Timmylover.
What now? Do we create a new story or continue with the other one by deleting some of the posts?
Ria Ann
Timmylover

Post by Timmylover »

Neither of those. I am at a loss as to what can be done. Maybe I'll just try nailing a jelly to the ceiling.
ria ann

Post by ria ann »

So I guess we just need to be patient and wait :?: :?: :?: :?:
Ria Ann
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Well if anyone can bring this back to some sort of sanity, they have my admiration! The 'only a dream' idea has been employed too often to use again I feel! Come on Pete - are you going to be able to rescue this?
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
elizabeth
Favourite book/series: Five findouters,Famousfive,St clares,MaloryTowers
Favourite character: Bets Pat Isabel Claudine Bobby Snubby June

Post by elizabeth »

Deborah,why did you post one post 2 times? I am trying to make it easy.I hope I haven't made it more muddled.

Fatty looked puzzled and asked : What????

Pip said : Fatty,let's sleep on this mysterious matter.We'll go home.

So they all went to their homes.Fatty couldn't sleep.What was happening to him? Was he hearing voices inside his head? Gradually he fell asleep.zzzzzzz.......The next morning he woke up feeling fresh.
'What did you say?' said Mam'zelle who was not well up on american slang.'Did you say,"Hallo, bodies"?That is not correct,Claudine.You should say, "hallo,everybody." '
Timmylover

Post by Timmylover »

Daisy wrote:The 'only a dream' idea has been employed too often to use again I feel!
That's not the missed opportunity I was referring to, Daisy. That was just a throwaway remark by a very confused Bets. I meant the possibility of having a real mystery, the business of Superintendent Jenks's disappearance, the imposter, a real story instead of the 'nonimous deeds that just isn't doing anything for me. The potential for some interesting reading is not going to materialise.
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

It is really muddling.We can't stop it because it is new and only started a few pages before.
Last edited by elizabeth on 27 Apr 2011, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
'What did you say?' said Mam'zelle who was not well up on american slang.'Did you say,"Hallo, bodies"?That is not correct,Claudine.You should say, "hallo,everybody." '
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

Anybody seen my post?
Last edited by elizabeth on 27 Apr 2011, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

Timmylover wrote:
Daisy wrote:The 'only a dream' idea has been employed too often to use again I feel!
That's not the missed opportunity I was referring to, Daisy. That was just a throwaway remark by a very confused Bets. I meant the possibility of having a real mystery, the business of Superintendent Jenks's disappearance, the imposter, a real story instead of the 'nonimous deeds that just isn't doing anything for me. The potential for some interesting reading is not going to materialise.
You have not said anything about my post,Deborah.Is it muddling or will it win Daisy's admiration?
Timmylover

Post by Timmylover »

elizabeth wrote:Deborah,why did you post one post 2 times? I am trying to make it easy.I hope I haven't made it more muddled.
I don't think pressing my "submit" button twice (because my computer was slow and it wasn't clear that my post had been submitted first time) has made this story muddled. Look at the continuity - Larry and Daisy are supposed to be at the farm, Fatty, Pip and Bets are at Mrs Bell's, yet they suddenly all seem to be together. When was that mentioned? That's not making the story easy. Anyway, you carry on without me. I'm sure the story will be most memorable!

Edit: You'll have to ask Daisy whether or not she admires your post.
elizabeth

Post by elizabeth »

Timmylover wrote:
elizabeth wrote:Deborah,why did you post one post 2 times? I am trying to make it easy.I hope I haven't made it more muddled.
I don't think pressing my "submit" button twice (because my computer was slow and it wasn't clear that my post had been submitted first time) has made this story muddled. Look at the continuity - Larry and Daisy are supposed to be at the farm, Fatty, Pip and Bets are at Mrs Bell's, yet they suddenly all seem to be together. When was that mentioned? That's not making the story easy. Anyway, you carry on without me. I'm sure the story will be most memorable!

Edit: You'll have to ask Daisy whether or not she admires your post.
Please do write.You are a good writer in fact jolly good.
ria ann

Post by ria ann »

I think this is all muddled up and confusing let us make a new story and or delete all the parts which make no sense.
Ria Ann