Eleanor Atkinson - Greyfriars Bobby

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Billy Farmer

Eleanor Atkinson - Greyfriars Bobby

Post by Billy Farmer »

I am sure there must be some members on this forum, who have read Greyfriars Bobby (another Book, which I have yet to read, but have got two copies of), I know that the Book, was very different in many ways, from the real life story of Bobby and John Gray.

The 1961 Disney film version (which was based on Eleanor Atkinson's Book) of Greyfriars Bobby, is one of my favourite Disney films.

I will be watching the 2005 film version (featuring Christopher Lee as The Lord Provost) of Greyfriars Bobby, tonight, for the first time.

I have got an A-Z Book (compiled by George Robinson), on Greyfriars Bobby.

There are some interesting Greyfriars Bobby, Videos, on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... iars+bobby" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Society Member
Billy Farmer

Re: Eleanor Atkinson - Greyfriars Bobby

Post by Billy Farmer »

I watched the 2005 film version of Greyfriars Bobby, last night, quite enjoyed the film, I thought the casting for the film was quite good, John Traill (one of the major characters in Bobby's life), was omitted from the film.

I used to be a member of Friends of Greyfriars Bobby (sadly no longer, in existence), and received a magazine, four times a year, the magazine, contained stories about Bobby, and other famous dogs, I once drew a sketch of Bobby, and sent it to Friends of Greyfriars Bobby, and the sketch was published in one of the magazines.
Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Never read the book, but I did watch a Black & White film version many years ago! Can't remember who was Starred in it, though. :?
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

The sketch (which I drew) of Greyfriars Bobby, which I sent to Friends of Greyfriars Bobby.

The above sketch, appeared in the December 2006/January/February 2007 issue of Greyfriars Bobby magazine.
Society Member
Boodi 2
Favourite book/series: The Five Find-outers, The Six Cousins
Favourite character: Ern

Post by Boodi 2 »

That book was in my school library and I was reduced to tears when I read it (I was very sensitive in those far-off days).
Society Member
dsr

Post by dsr »

I've read the book, and would recommend that anyone and everyone else should read it too. It's a lovely story.
DSR