Free audio books

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Free audio books

Post by Fiona1986 »

I couldn't find any threads on audio books in general (just the one on the Enid Blyton ones) but I've just finished listening to PollyAnna on my laptop. I downloaded it free from librivox.org which has a big selection of audio books - all of texts which are out of copyright and therefore quite legal. No Blytons for obvious reasons but I've spotted classics like Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Five Children and It and Just William.

I just thought if anyone's into audio books they might like to have a look! They're all recorded by volunteers so some are better quality than others - if there's more than one version to the book you're interested in I recommend sampling each one first so you can choose the best one. You can listen through the website or download the audio book (it comes zipped, I think, but once you open the folder you'll have each chapter in a separate file so you can listen via something like Windows Media Player or transfer onto your MP3 player.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Re: Free audio books

Post by sixret »

Thank you Fiona for letting us know. :D
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
walter raleigh
Favourite book/series: 5 Fall Into Adventure/R Mysteries/Adventure Series
Favourite character: George Kirrin

Post by walter raleigh »

That's a very useful link. Thanks Fiona!
"Stuck in a state of permanent pre-pubescence like poor Julian in the Famous Five!"

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

There are other sites out there too but I haven't browsed or tried them - I found the Librivox link on this post, and there are nine others there too.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member