My new book

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
lizarfau
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George

Re: My new book

Post by lizarfau »

Thanks again! And for sharing the FB author page link, Moonraker.
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I've just finished the book, read it in an afternoon. I thought it was very good. I liked the way children's authors and books were worked in to a couple of the stories, how quickly and easily all the characters were sketched out so we got to know enough for a story to work by without getting bogged down with inconsequential details, and I liked how some quite dark and disturbing things happened without dwelling on them too deeply (ie a couple of deaths and one or two other things.)

The only thing I didn't like was the book club story ended without telling us if the girls got their books back! I'll be worrying about it forever more now ;)
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

Oh, and, I added the book to goodreads so I could mark it as read for the 2014 reading challenge. Couldn't add a picture from my hudl so will try that when I get home and add some details to the synopsis as at the moment I just have the story titles.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
lizarfau
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George

Post by lizarfau »

Thanks, Fiona - I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It's always a bit nerve-racking when people you know and whose opinion you respect read your book. A bit scary.

Hmm... Not sure if the girls got their books back or not. Hopefully at least some of the books were found by the police off-page. :D