Absolute long shot!

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
kirstymaclaren

Absolute long shot!

Post by kirstymaclaren »

I am trying to remember a book I had when I was younger, but have very few details!

It is an annual sized book from the 1980s, for children to learn Spanish. It may also have come in different languages, I'm not sure. Anyway, the main character is a skinny purple monster, who I think does annoying things. Each double page has a different scene with words and phrases to learn about that topic, e.g. Shop, school etc. The main scene that sticks in my mind in one of a hairdresser's. The monster has done a woman's hair and when she sees it she says "que horror!".

I cannot remember this monster's name for the life of me and I have been racking my brains for ages. It possibly starts with a G or an M, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, it may have just been the book that was purple, not the monster!

Do any of you know this obscure book?
kirstymaclaren

Re: Absolute long shot!

Post by kirstymaclaren »

Just replying to revitalise this query! 5 years later and I have not been able to find it.
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

I realised( as I imagine so did many others here) the moment it was about learning Spanish that I was unable to help. It may be worth searching "monster with women's hair", " que horror", and such things into Google. Are there any Spanish forums that might be able to help? Goodluck.
Society Member
kirstymaclaren

Post by kirstymaclaren »

Thanks, I’ve tried lots of different search queries to no avail. Nothing on google, abe books or other old book websites. I just need to remember the monster’s name then I’ll find it!

It was similar to Usborne word books for learning languages, with a different category/scenario on each double page. It was also available in other languages e.g. French/ German.
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Post by Jack400 »

The above info, that you've given, might jog someone's memory or trigger ideas of new lines of inquiry
Society Member