Ann. M. Martin - Main Street, etc.

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Ann. M. Martin - Main Street, etc.

Post by Darrell71 »

Hi guys!

I just love the Main Street series! They are very nice, and the setting is like a character in itself, what with Flora and Ruby's parents being ..... OK OK SUSPENSE!!

Who else likes these series, and what do you like most about them?

I think I'm most like Olivia. I've skipped 1st grade. I also think these books are totally in my age range! I mean, the girls are!
You can call me Sunskriti!
Rebeccadanielle
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers, St. Clare's,

Re: Ann. M. Martin - Main Street, etc.

Post by Rebeccadanielle »

The Main street series is a really lovely series. I read them several years ago when I found out they existed. I read The Baby Sitters Club, Baby Sitters Little Sister, The Kids in Ms Colman's Class, BSC Friends Forever and California Diaries, when I was a kid/teenager.

What I loved most about them was that they are actually quite decent books for nine to twelve year olds. There aren't too many of those in my public library right now. They covered some real issues and it was in a realistic way unlike The Baby Sitters Club. (Thinking about the BSC mysteries here) All the characters have their faults as well as good points. I don't want to say too much in case I give anything away. I thought the first couple were good, there were some average ones in the middle, but the best ones in my opinon were the last two. Book #9 Coming Apart was the absolute best. I thought about it for ages after I finished it. My favourite character is Nikki.
Darrell71

Post by Darrell71 »

What! There's a book no nine too! I've only read till 6! Gosh! Have to order them from Ebay now!!
Rebeccadanielle
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers, St. Clare's,

Post by Rebeccadanielle »

The final book was published in 2011. :D I didn't read the whole series in order because I just borrowed the books from the library. But the final three should be read in order, especially the last two. Good luck in finding the ones you haven't read and I hope you enjoy them.
Darrell71

Post by Darrell71 »

I've ordered all three from amazon and bookstok. Great price! Do you know the tenth one has been published! I ordered that too! Books is one thing my parents never say no to! :D :D :D :D