Have you written a story with Enid Blyton in mind?

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
BookWorm19
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five / Gallianos Circus

Re: Have you written a story with Enid Blyton in mind?

Post by BookWorm19 »

Nope, it has no mention of anything like that, the modern aspects of it is not really noticeable, its more just the style of how its written, and just a couple of little things that i mention that wouldn't appear in an Enid Blyton book, for instance, when the cousin shows the two sisters her bedroom, it says she has fairylights around the mirror, and when they go on their picnics, they take cans of coke and crisps, rather than ginger beer. Also, they say things like "cool" :lol: I think when I was writing, I had the 90s in mind, simply because 'The Mystery Club' books (that I mentioned in my previous post) are in the 90s.
Lawrie
Favourite book/series: Famous Five, Find-Outers, Malory Towers
Favourite character: Dick, Timmy, Alicia, Fatty and Bets

Post by Lawrie »

Yes, but Enid need not look to her laurels! When I was in P4, every week in Story Writing class I wrote another chapter of a tale about four children and their dog and their adventures on an island. My, what an original mind I had! This was illustrated in felt tip which, when I got over-enthusiastic, often seeped through to the writing on the other side. I think the end of term came before the story was ever finished, and I don't remember a word of it, but I suspect it may have had as much literary merit as Ern's portry :lol:. My daughter was more succesful however. For her english exam in P7 she wrote a version of Gwendoline and the spider and it was read out to the class - I was quite surprised such plagiarism went undetected, but perhaps her teacher had never read Malory Towers!
Pippa-Stef
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: Julian/ Bill Robinson/ Sally Hope

Post by Pippa-Stef »

I have just finished my first draft of a proper Enid Blyton interpretation story.

It's inspired by some of her ideas!

Your story sounded fun Lawrie. :)
"You're so sharp you'll cut yourself one day!" Hunchy said going to the door
"So my Mother told me that when I was two years old!" said Julian and the others giggled.

http://worldofblyton.wordpress.com/
iluveb
Favourite book/series: St.Clare's,Malory Towers
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Sally Hope,Hilary Wentworth,

Post by iluveb »

i have written lots... using words like "jolly good".... thhanks to enid blyton.. my refridgerator's filled with chocolates for the best essays
THE MOST LOYAL FRIEND OF A PERSON IS A BOOK
-Ernest Hemmingway