Download? Elementary!

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Moonraker

Download? Elementary!

Post by Moonraker »

The London Evening Standard had a free audio download of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes masterpiece, The Hound of the Baskervilles in Thursday's edition.

If you go to http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/audio it is available to download.

However, you do need to enter a password. I am not sure that it is legal for me to publish this, as I may be infringing terms and conditions of the offer. I don't want to be locked in the Tower!

However, it is quite an easy word to guess, As Tom O'Connor might hear, "I could name that tune in one!"

Sherlock Holmes is undoubtedly the World's greatest detective, up there with Hercule Poirot and Frederick Trotteville. Image

As an additional clue, the word is included more than once in my post! Image
Society Member
Almas
Favourite book/series: Six Bad Boys/Adventure/Famous Five/ Find-Outers
Favourite character: Fatty (I have a crush on him!!)

Re: Download? Elementary!

Post by Almas »

Thanks Nigel but I haven't read any of the books.

Still thinking that which word did you mention twice?! :lol:
Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.

When once the itch of literature comes over a man, nothing can cure it but the scratching of a pen.
Ming
Favourite book/series: Adventure/Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty, Bill Smugs, Kiki

Post by Ming »

Nigel shouted at me till I found the password. And then I got:
SORRY

This website requires that you are running Microsoft Windows and are in the United Kingdom.

If you believe that you should be able to access this site please contact us at store@medownloaded.com

AOL users, we are aware of a problem that may prevent you from accessing this site and are working to correct it. Please try again tomorrow.
All this shouting for nothing!! :roll:

Society Member
Rob Houghton
Favourite book/series: Rubadub Mystery, Famous Five and The Find-Outers
Favourite character: Snubby, Uncle Robert, George, Fatty

Post by Rob Houghton »

I'm just reading 'the Hound of the Baskerville's', in a new hard-back edition from 'Oxford Children's classics'. Its one of the few sherlock holmes stories I havent read, and I'm really enjoying it, though I can't believe its really aimed at children as the imprint implies. I'm sure originally they were aimed at adults.

Lovely to see it hasnt been tampered with by the PC nuts, though. Holmes still smokes copious amounts of tobacco to help his great mind work! :wink:
'Oh voice of Spring of Youth
hearts mad delight,
Sing on, sing on, and when the sun is gone
I'll warm me with your echoes
through the night.'

(E. Blyton, Sunday Times, 1951)

Society Member