Full and Unabridged texts of classic works online

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
Raci

Full and Unabridged texts of classic works online

Post by Raci »

This website has full and unabridged texts of classic books online. (You don't have to pay to download them.)

http://www.literature.org/

I did a search on 'The Enchanted Castle' after reading Anita's post - Other Authors I enjoy.
And came across this website.

It doesnt compare with having a book in your hand to read IMO but for those who dont mind ebooks or find it hard to get hold of some books it might be a useful site to check out.
For those who may not be familiar with Copyright law, we are unable to make works available that are not in the public domain. This mean, basically, nothing where the author has not been dead for at least 75 to 90 years.
This quote answers my first query when I found the site.
Venkat

classic e books

Post by Venkat »

Try Gutenberg.net for the most comprehensive collection of classics, including people like LM Montgomery, George Macdonald, E Nesbit and even a few of PG Wodehouse's early school stories.

I have stopped buying classics now. I read two of E Nesbits books from the site. Not as good as a book in the hand, but if you like an author enough, one can put up with the inconvenience.

I wish I had time to read all the books at the site. Must get on to R Austin Freeman, Sax Rohmer, E Philips Openheim, Wilkie Collins and a few other prolific authors, that I have been planning to read for ages.

Regards, Venkat
dolly
Favourite book/series: Malory Towers, St. Clares
Favourite character: Carlotta, Alicia

Re: Full and Unabridged texts of classic works online

Post by dolly »

I got to know all the classic British stories via Gutenberg - E. Nesbit, L.T. Meade, Angela Brazil, George McDonald -unfortunately most of them are nearly unknown in Germany. Great Britain has a great variety of children´s stories.
However, I regret to inform you: I do not like "Alice in Wonderland", it is "not my cup of tea". Not at all!!!
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Full and Unabridged texts of classic works online

Post by pete9012S »

A good list to choose from there;

http://www.literature.org/authors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member