Gordon Korman / Pollyanna

Which other authors do you enjoy? Discuss them here.
HeatherS
Favourite book/series: Mystery
Favourite character: Fatty

Gordon Korman / Pollyanna

Post by HeatherS »

I don't know if anybody else has ever read any Gordon Korman. In fact, I have only read one, and I have read it countless times since I was a child. It's called "I Want To Go Home", and it's set in Canada in a camp for children. The humour in it is very dry, almost Fatty-ish in places, and even reading it as an adult I find it utterly hilarious. Seems it's out of print now, which is unfortunate since my copy is now torn, missing pages and coming away from the binding. Very well loved! I've tried getting another copy, but I can't find one for sale in Australia for a reasonable price. Oh well, I'll keep looking and hopefully come up with one eventually.

I also just bought a non-Blyton book from ebay - a 1943 copy of Pollyanna for AUD $2! I'm looking forward to reading that again. It's been years! I also got my daughter a late reprint so she can read it without ruining mine. Funnily enough, hers cost twice mine. I have no idea how much old Pollyanna books go for, but I found it surprising for a reasonably old copy of such a popular book.
Heather
"Have you held your breath in wonder, at the sky so dark and deep?" - Enid Blyton
http://www.heathersblytonpages.com/