Confusion with twins

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Machupicchu14
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Naughtiest Girl
Favourite character: George Kirrin/ Elizabeth Allen

Confusion with twins

Post by Machupicchu14 »

I was just remembering the FF book of Five on a Secret Trail. The problem with the twins and how Anne and George were extremely confused with the two brothers thinking there was only one boy who was "crazy". I actually think it's very easy to get confused so I wanted to share my experience with my twin cousins. I have twin cousins and really, they are very very similar, which could make you think there was only one. So you can guess I thought the same as George and Anne. There was only one cousin who was kind of mad. One boy came up to me to say hi then the same boy did the same, it was really strange. That happened to my mam as well, as it had been ten years since we had last seen them. We couldn't remember they were twins. I just found out there were two when we sat together at the same table and I realised there were two instead of one. With different characters like Guy and Harry. I though it was a coincidence with the Famous Five book.
Has anything similar happened to any of you?

The pity is that my story with the twins wasn't as funny as the one in the book

*is my English okay?*
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
(все, что я понимаю, я понимаю только потому, что люблю)
Lev Tolstoy

You can call me Machupicchu14 or María Esther

Society Member
Courtenay
Favourite book/series: The Adventure Series, Galliano's Circus
Favourite character: Lotta

Re: Confusion with twins

Post by Courtenay »

Machupicchu14 wrote: *is my English okay?*
Your English is really good, Maria Esther! I'm a little surprised, though, that both you and your mother didn't remember that you had two cousins who are twins, even if you hadn't seen them for a long time — I assume perhaps you don't keep in close contact with that side of the family?
Society Member

It was a nuisance. An adventure was one thing - but an adventure without anything to eat was quite another thing. That wouldn't do at all. (The Valley of Adventure)
Machupicchu14
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Naughtiest Girl
Favourite character: George Kirrin/ Elizabeth Allen

Post by Machupicchu14 »

Oh yes, we do, but as I said before we just came in contact with them this year. My mum last saw them when they were little children. And they are very similar. Last year we went to Peru after 10 years but now it's my mother's side I have most contact with.
Thanks Courtenay. :D
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
(все, что я понимаю, я понимаю только потому, что люблю)
Lev Tolstoy

You can call me Machupicchu14 or María Esther

Society Member
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

When I was a child, I sometimes played with a couple of identical twins, Nicholas and Neil who lived down the street, and back then I wasn't able to tell them apart. They eventually moved away but years later, Nick started to work where I did. He was very popular and everyone got on with him, and he became one of the most recognisable people around the place. Then several months after Nick started, I saw Neil waiting for his brother, and it made me do a double take! Even though a stranger possibly wouldn't have been able to tell them apart, because I was so used to Nick's face and mannerisms by then, Neil looked oddly like him, but at the same time totally different!

On the other hand, I once heard an anecdote from a friend (which I presume to be true) that he knew a pair of twins who were so identical, they couldn't even tell themselves apart from a photograph!