Secret Seven Fan Club

If it doesn't fit into any of the above categories, post it here!
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Secret Seven Fan Club

Post by Poppy »

Has anyone else disovered the Secret Seven Fan Club Page? Full of interesting things - a quiz, reviews, door hangers to download - etc. It's a nice website, anyway.
Last edited by Poppy on 11 Feb 2014, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Susan Webster

Re: Secret Seven Fan Club

Post by Susan Webster »

i have and its good, http://www.secretsevenclub.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and you will find it . hachette childrens books you can get a secret seven club pack to start you off forming your ow n club . we could start one here on the forums too. like the famous five club thread.
Society Member
Moonraker

Re: Secret Seven Fan Club Website

Post by Moonraker »

Your link doesn't work, Sue (it's always a good idea to check links when you post them to see if they work). Fascinating, though. I would rather be in the SS's shed (or the FFO&D's for that matter) than to be on Kirrin Island! :shock:
Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

I managed to get the whole of your link highlighted, Sue, (only part of it was highlighted before) but I'm afraid it still doesn't work. Poppy's link works fine though!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Post by pete9012S »

Thanks for your link Poppy,it definitely works! :D
Last edited by pete9012S on 11 Feb 2014, 21:54, edited 1 time in total.
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Poppy
Favourite book/series: Famous Five/ Adventure Series/ Malory Towers
Favourite character: George Kirrin, Andy, Jack Trent & Diana.

Post by Poppy »

What was Sue's link for? I had already posted a link for the website... :?
"Beware of young men with long hair - that's what dad says, isn't it?"
Pat, Holiday House

Poppy's Best of Books

Society Member
Anita Bensoussane
Forum Administrator
Favourite book/series: Adventure series, Six Cousins books, Six Bad Boys
Favourite character: Jack Trent, Fatty and Elizabeth Allen

Post by Anita Bensoussane »

It looks as though your link doesn't/didn't work for Sue or Pete for some reason. :? It works okay for me!
"Heyho for a starry night and a heathery bed!" - Jack, The Secret Island.

"There is no bond like the bond of having read and liked the same books."
- E. Nesbit, The Wonderful Garden.

Society Member
Carlotta King
Favourite book/series: Adventure, Barney, Secret Series, Famous Five
Favourite character: Bill Smugs,Lucy-Ann,Snubby,Mr King,Diana,Kiki,Paul

Post by Carlotta King »

Poppy's link works fine for me too. It's a very nice site and I like the things on it - I'm just not keen on the illustrations - I would rather see some more traditional drawings of the Seven. Just me being old fashioned! :)
"Fussy Gussy! Polly, Polly, Polly-gize!"

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

Poppy's link works fine for me too, but not Sue's.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Daisy
Favourite book/series: Find-Outers, Adventure series.

Post by Daisy »

Same for me too.
'Tis loving and giving that makes life worth living.

Society Member
sixret
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers,Mr.Twiddle,Barney R
Favourite character: Mr.Twiddle,Fatty,Saucepan,Snubby

Post by sixret »

Sue's link was the old link for Secret Seven Club. I bookmarked it years ago. Poppy's link is the new one. Hope this help.
I stand with justice and the truth. Palestine will be free from the river to the sea.

Learn the history. Do research.

The hypocrisy, double standard, prejudice and bigotry own by some people is so obvious.Shame on them!
MJE
Favourite book/series: Famous Five series
Favourite character: George; Julian; Barney

Post by MJE »

Moonraker wrote:I would rather be in the SS's shed (or the FFO&D's for that matter) than to be on Kirrin Island! :shock:
     Oh, I don't think I would. Well, in reality, I don't think I would fit well in any of those places; but the actual setting of Kirrin Island is more appealing to me than an old shed. So being with any of them would be pure fantasy, as I'm probably more at home indoors either on a computer or reading or writing something or other. But, on a fantasy level, yes I think I'd rather be with the Famous Five. I like the natural settings in the Famous Five stories, and, yes (corny though it may sound), even all the caves and tunnels and secret rooms and passages.
     I took a look at that Secret Seven link. Pity about the illustrations on the book covers - highly unfortunate, I think. Cartoonish - makes the Seven look about five years old. Rather like some of those ridiculous covers for recent editions of the Malory Towers stories (including a whole new series of books), and even worse (I wouldn't have thought that possible) than the covers for the "Just George" books, where all the characters, even adults, look like giant babies.
     Oh well - I will always be principally interested in earlier editions of Blyton's books, and pretty well regard most modern editions as a lost cause, in both the "updating" and illustration departments.
     There are exceptions, of course. I like the Millennium editions of the Famous Five, although I wish they hadn't put those gold medallions on the covers; and I have to say that illustrations I've seen by Georgina Hargreaves look good, although they seem mainly to be for books for younger children I don't follow so much - but, for the most part, I'm not keen on the style of most modern illustrators.
Anita Bensoussane wrote:I managed to get the whole of your link highlighted, Sue, (only part of it was highlighted before) but I'm afraid it still doesn't work. Poppy's link works fine though!
     I don't think irregularity in highlighting is the problem here, but simply that the link itself looks to be outdated now; but *sometimes*, problems with links can be caused if you have punctuation like a comma or full-stop immediately after a link, just because of normal punctuation requirements of the sentence the link is in. Some software can wrongly include the punctuation as part of the link, and that usually invalidates it.
     In such cases, it's a good idea to leave a gap between the end of the U.R.L. and the punctuation mark, even though the normal rules of usage say you shouldn't (commas, semicolons, colons, full-stops, question marks, exclamation marks, closing parentheses, and closing quotation marks are usually *never* preceded by a space). But if you make an exception for the end of a link, it usually means the link will work automatically.
     The same is true of e-mail addresses, too.

Regards, Michael.
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Pity about the illustrations on the book covers - highly unfortunate, I think. Cartoonish - makes the Seven look about five years old.
Yes, not my cup of tea, either. However, this is a website/club for 6 or 7 year olds, not 60 year olds! I am sure Hachette's target age group is the former rather than the latter.
Society Member
Susan Webster

Post by Susan Webster »

hi , sorry my link didnt seem to work , it was one i saw on a bookmark . maybe someone can give me the new link. i always get things wrong somehow. story of my life . i`ll get something right some day. i`m a nerd!
just read some of the comments . i know i`m over 20 but i dont think theres a real age limit on all things Blyton as its something we all share --a love of her books .
i agree--some of the new illustrations on new books are awful . i dont like the cartoon like characters on the mallory towers book etc . tatty and unappealing . i prefer the old pictures or real people. the stories are the same more or less and despite the tatty pictures i still love to get lost in an adventure or mystery. hope this secret seven club takes off too on this thread like the famous five one has !
Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

Poppy has already done that, Sue. Just click on Secret Seven Fan Club Page (it's in red) and you will be taken to the site. The web address will be in your address bar. If you're still not sure, here is the link url:
https://www.hachettechildrens.co.uk/art ... nclub.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Society Member