Sunny Stories wiki

Discuss Blyton's magazines, short stories and poetry here.
cliff

Sunny Stories wiki

Post by cliff »

Yesterday I visited the rather short entry in Wikipedia for Sunny Stories.

I noticed two inaccuracies: first and most obvious, the price is stated as 2 shillings! I don't think they would have sold many at that price! This should of course be 2d (tuppence).

The other point is about when it ceased publication. I know it continued after 1953, as I can remember having it delivered. I can also remember the change from spot colour to full glossy. The EB Society site says that her contributions ceased after edition 554, but it does not say how long the magazine continued after that.

Is there a greater expert than me who can add to and/or correct Wikipedia?
Julie2owlsdene
Favourite book/series: F.F. and Mystery Series - Five get into Trouble
Favourite character: Dick

Re: Sunny Stories wiki

Post by Julie2owlsdene »

You mean you can alter what Wikipedia says?

8)
Julian gave an exclamation and nudged George.
"See that? It's the black Bentley again. KMF 102!"

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

I'm pretty sure I have an account so let me see what I can do.

And yes, Julie. Everything on Wikipedia is written by.. well, anyone. With the exception of a handful of sensitive pages which get locked the rest is editable by anyone who creates an account. I could go on right now and write whatever I wanted (though it would probably be changed back by another person pretty quickly).
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member
Fiona1986
Favourite book/series: Five Go to Smuggler's Top
Favourite character: Julian Kirrin

Post by Fiona1986 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunny_Stories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've altered the price and added the info about issue 554, if someone can provide details of Sunny Stories after 1952 (or indeed any other information that's relevant) I can add that too.

But this is why you can't really use Wikipedia as a serious source.
"It's the ash! It's falling!" yelled Julian, almost startling Dick out of his wits...
"Listen to its terrible groans and creaks!" yelled Julian, almost beside himself with impatience.

World of Blyton Blog

Society Member