How Do We Write?

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Moonraker

Re: How Do We Write?

Post by Moonraker »

Machupicchu14 wrote:I don't know what is happening to me, but everytime I find writing stories harder, and writing poetry has become just way easier. :| :lol: :lol:
Maybe you should share your increase in poetry-writing skills with Ern Goon.
Society Member
Machupicchu14
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Naughtiest Girl
Favourite character: George Kirrin/ Elizabeth Allen

Post by Machupicchu14 »

Rob Houghton wrote:I believe it's your age, Maria Esther. I can remember the same thing happening to me when I was in my teens.

As a child writing stories was easy because I 'just wrote' whereas, once we start being 'more aware' of the world and other writers, I think we become more self-conscious about our writing, honing our words into something we think is more impressive/better written.

As a teenager, poetry often becomes more important as we feel things more strongly, and poetry is a good way to express these feelings. At least, that was my experience.

As I've become older, poetry tends to happen best at sad moments, such as a lost love, or a new love or a death or some natural disaster or tragedy, whilst writing stories has tended to become easier again as I become less self-conscious about my writing. :-)
Yes, I completely agree with you, and I think that it is true, what you have said... That is basically what happens to me, and whereas, I am too strict with my stories, I am more free while writing regarding poetry. Maybe as I get a bit older, I will find writing stories easier again. :D

I don't know if I have told you before, but my mother is a poet, and has already published some poetry books. And it is thanks to her that I can always improve my writing skills and with whom I can talk about literature and books.. :D
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
(все, что я понимаю, я понимаю только потому, что люблю)
Lev Tolstoy

You can call me Machupicchu14 or María Esther

Society Member
Machupicchu14
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Naughtiest Girl
Favourite character: George Kirrin/ Elizabeth Allen

Post by Machupicchu14 »

Moonraker wrote:
Machupicchu14 wrote:I don't know what is happening to me, but everytime I find writing stories harder, and writing poetry has become just way easier. :| :lol: :lol:
Maybe you should share your increase in poetry-writing skills with Ern Goon.
Maybe!! :lol: But I think we would need Fatty to come to our rescue eventually!!! :lol:
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
(все, что я понимаю, я понимаю только потому, что люблю)
Lev Tolstoy

You can call me Machupicchu14 or María Esther

Society Member
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

Rob Houghton wrote: ...poetry tends to happen best at sad moments, such as a lost love, or a new love
See now some of us, (hint hint: me) are gonna be single Pringles forever, so it's rather hard to get romantic inspiration. :lol: Celebrity crushes that don't know we exist, however, are not in short supply. Hmm.... maybe I should write about a certain, er, bear claw, eh Maria Esther? :wink: :twisted:
You can call me Sunskriti!