Football

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Billy Farmer

Re: Football

Post by Billy Farmer »

Sam Allardyce, didn't last long - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37483344" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The England team, are a joke.
Society Member
Deej92
Favourite book/series: Five Get into Trouble (Famous Five)
Favourite character: Dick

Post by Deej92 »

A very silly man. He gets his 'dream' job and decides to undermine his employer.

I have no sympathy with the money he was on.
Wayne Pyer
Favourite book/series: adventure/find outers
Favourite character: Bill Smugs/Kiki/Fatty

Post by Wayne Pyer »

I'm devastated. :shock: Honestly!!!! :oops: :twisted:
Wayne, living in an Enid Blyton world.
Deej92

Post by Deej92 »

Of course you are being a Welshman! :wink: When Chris Coleman was asked if he would consider the England job, he said - "My answer would be a big fat no." Brilliant. :lol:
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

Off to Hillsborough today to watch Sheffield Wednesday v Brighton. Both league games last season ended as draws so I'm expecting another tight match.
Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Great result for the Seagulls today, Eddie, but a bad day at the office for the Owls & Forest! The Reds took the lead, but once Bristol City equalised, there was only going to be one winner! Predictable stuff. :roll: However, according to reports the Owls were quite unlucky.
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

It certainly was a great result for the Seagulls, but a bad day at the office for the Owls and Forest, Number 6 and John. I haven't had the chance the read the reports yet, but will see what the newspapers say later today.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

Brighton deserved to win. They were quicker, more incisive and defended stoutly. Wednesday were poor and didn't play like a team at all. I hope that yesterday's display was only a temporary glitch. I was very impressed with Brighton's number 11, Knockhaert. A very gifted midfielder. I'm quite confident that Brighton will be in the play offs at least this season. Hooper's late goal masked a disappointing afternoon for the Owls. It could be your season, Eddie. :D
Society Member
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

John Pickup wrote:It could be your season, Eddie. :D
I hope so, John, and I hope the Owls will be promotion contenders at the end of the season too. I'm also taking an interest in Nottingham Forest, Number 6's team. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

I still maintain that the Seagulls & Owls will up there come the end of the season. Both have good, solid squads. I'm confident that it'll be the play-offs come May...at the very least!
Forest, on the other hand, will be struggling to stop in the Championship if our manager continues to rotate the squad for every game. Making the odd change here & there is sensible, but changing 6 players isn't! It just brings inconsistently, mis-understanding between players & a lack of confidence. The manager claims the Forest players are tired & need a rest. Come on, really? All teams have played the same number of games, some with very small squads, & they've coped well. How can our players be "tired" when we rotate the squad so often? Blaming injuries doesn't wash with me, either. A bad workman always blames his tools! Rant over...for now! :D
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

A good result for Liverpool, on Saturday, a 2-1 win over Swansea City.

Swansea, have sacked their manager, and have already appointed a new manager.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37542434" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Society Member
Deej92

Post by Deej92 »

I think the Swansea board and their new American owners have behaved appallingly over the sacking of Guidolin. Yes, they've made a poor start to the season, but then you look at the tough run of games they've had and you have to feel for Guidolin here. There's sadly no loyalty in top level football these days.

I'm not convinced about the choice of Bob Bradley to replace him either, as he has no experience in the Premier League and has recently managed a French second division side. This hardly inspires confidence. I fear a long hard season ahead for Swansea and their fans.
Billy Farmer

Post by Billy Farmer »

Did anyone watch the England game, last night, I only saw the last few minutes (that was enough), a poor game, and a boring performance.

I have to confess, I gave up on the England team, a long time ago, Euro 2016, was a disaster, and they were awful, in the past three World Cups.
Society Member
Deej92

Post by Deej92 »

I did and England were very poor. They barely deserved a point. A combination of woeful finishing from Slovenia and heroics from Hart let England off the hook. Summary - 90 minutes of my life I won't get back.
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

A good result for Forest last night, Number 6. In fact both results, defeats for Birmingham and Bristol City, kept Brighton in 4th place in the Championship. The Seagulls play Preston at home today which should give us three valuable points. West Brom have got a tough match this afternoon taking on Spurs at home. Kidderminster Harriers are still in the FA Cup and take on Weymouth at Aggborough this afternoon.

I see the Owls take on Huddersfield away tomorrow, John. I'd love to see them beat the Championship leaders.

Society Member