Football

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Machupicchu14
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Naughtiest Girl
Favourite character: George Kirrin/ Elizabeth Allen

Re: Football

Post by Machupicchu14 »

I love Football but especially what I really enjoy is watching the World Cup and Copa America, and oftentimes a match between FCBarcelona and Real Madrid. To be honest I sometimes find it a bit boring watching a European country playing anotger European country yet I wouldn't fail to support one of them. What I find most amazing is how Latin American teams play. Like I heard somebody say "we are a continent that make football a beautiful dance" and it's sooo true. Speaking of the world cup, I'm really devastated that Chile did not qualify but now I'm gonna support Uruguay with all my heart!!!!!! :D
(Hmm.. that was a lot of babbling about football) :lol:
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
(все, что я понимаю, я понимаю только потому, что люблю)
Lev Tolstoy

You can call me Machupicchu14 or María Esther

Society Member
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

We're terrible babblers in general, though. :lol:
I love South American teams too, but I quite like Spain and Germany as well, so oh well. :lol:
You can call me Sunskriti!
Machupicchu14
Favourite book/series: The Famous Five/The Naughtiest Girl
Favourite character: George Kirrin/ Elizabeth Allen

Post by Machupicchu14 »

In Europe I like Italy and France and sometimes Spain, but sorry to say it, I dislike Germany and Holland as they do not have a fair game...
"All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."
(все, что я понимаю, я понимаю только потому, что люблю)
Lev Tolstoy

You can call me Machupicchu14 or María Esther

Society Member
number 6
Favourite book/series: Famous Five
Favourite character: George/Jo

Post by number 6 »

Disappointing to see the Seagulls concede a last-gasp equaliser, Eddie! Thought they'd done enough to see out the game. :? On the plus side, it's a point gained, I suppose. The Baggies play this evening, so I hope they cheer you up with a convincing win! :D
A bad day at the office, as the Reds lost to the dreaded Sheep, our bitter rivals. John will understand my feelings. It's like the Owls losing to Sheff Utd. It's hard to take! :cry: :cry:
John Pickup
Favourite book/series: Barney mysteries
Favourite character: Snubby

Post by John Pickup »

You're right there, Number 6. I'm still in mourning.
Society Member
Domino

Post by Domino »

Maria Esther, why have you written off Peru? They finished fifth ahead (by a whisker) of Chile, and so play New Zealand in two matches next month. I think it could go either way, but it's certainly possible Peru could qualify yet.
I am old enough to remember their 1970 team in Mexico. Teofilo Cubilas and Alberto Gallardo were particularly impressive players and the team played attacking football, Brazilian style. They reached the quarter-finals but lost to Brazil 4-2. Brazil were the eventual champions that year.
Sadly they have never shown the same form since.

Dave
He called the greatest archers to a tavern on the green.

Society Member
Eddie Muir
Favourite book/series: Five Find-Outers and Dog
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Eddie Muir »

I’m not a big fan of international football either, Number 6. I’d sooner follow and watch English League football any day.
number 6 wrote:Disappointing to see the Seagulls concede a last-gasp equaliser, Eddie! Thought they'd done enough to see out the game. :? On the plus side, it's a point gained, I suppose. The Baggies play this evening, so I hope they cheer you up with a convincing win! :D
A bad day at the office, as the Reds lost to the dreaded Sheep, our bitter rivals. John will understand my feelings. It's like the Owls losing to Sheff Utd. It's hard to take! :cry: :cry:
Disappointing results for both the Seagulls and Forest, Number 6. :cry: Let’s hope the Baggies fare better tonight at Leicester. Talking of tonight, I’ll be watching the draw for the First Round Proper of the FA Cup, John and hoping that both Kidderminster and Gainsborough get good home draws. :D
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Kidderminster have been drawn away to AFC Flyde in the FA Cup, Eddie. I think John will be happy with Gainsborough Trinity's home game against Slough Town! :D
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Kidderminster’s draw is not a particularly interesting one, Number 6. Gainsborough should be able to see off Slough Town at home. Just one point for the Baggies at Leicester tonight.
'Go down to the side-shows by the river this afternoon. I'll meet you somewhere in disguise. Bet you won't know me!' wrote Fatty.

Society Member
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series

Post by Wolfgang »

Machupicchu14 wrote:In Europe I like Italy and France and sometimes Spain, but sorry to say it, I dislike Germany and Holland as they do not have a fair game...
Regarding the German football I can't follow your statement. If "fair" means the number of fouls committed, according to statistics the German team usually has a lower number than its opponent. If you mean "beautiful", I also think the German team usually has an attractive way to play for several years now.
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
number 6

Post by number 6 »

Eddie Muir wrote:Just one point for the Baggies at Leicester tonight.
The Baggies are getting a reputation for conceding late goals, Eddie! :| A good away point, though.
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

You’re right, Number 6. Let’s hope they stop this doing this from now on. Still, as you say, a good away point. :D

Society Member
Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

A 7-0 win for LFC in last night's Champions' League. Good to see they can still score heavily...
Society Member
Darrell71
Favourite book/series: Adventure series
Favourite character: Darrell Rivers, Bill Smugs, Kiki, Elizabeth Allen,

Post by Darrell71 »

Wolfgang wrote:
Machupicchu14 wrote:In Europe I like Italy and France and sometimes Spain, but sorry to say it, I dislike Germany and Holland as they do not have a fair game...
Regarding the German football I can't follow your statement. If "fair" means the number of fouls committed, according to statistics the German team usually has a lower number than its opponent. If you mean "beautiful", I also think the German team usually has an attractive way to play for several years now.
Personally, I dislike the way they act during the game. I may be slightly biased, as I adore Argentina and Messi, and will never forget the Fifa WC 2014 final. But then again I also really respect, admire, and like Muller and götze, so I'm biased both ways. And as far as Holland is concerned, one word: Mexico 2014. (Those were two words, but whatever.)
And I absolutely agree, Wolfgang, the German team really does have a beautiful style and I believe they are one of the best teams at the international level at the moment. Pity I dislike them. (The team, not the country lol I love Germany and am even trying to learn your beautiful language.)
You can call me Sunskriti!
Eddie Muir

Post by Eddie Muir »

Moonraker wrote:A 7-0 win for LFC in last night's Champions' League. Good to see they can still score heavily...
A great win for Liverpool, Nigel. :D

Society Member