Star Trek

Anything goes! Use this forum to get to know each other.
Jack400
Favourite book/series: Famous Five / Five Find-Outers

Re: R.I.P Leonard Nimoy/Mr.Spock

Post by Jack400 »

The original series certainly do, Francis. I know that various new series do too - but I won't pretend that the new ones capture me like the original.
Society Member
Moonraker

Re: R.I.P Leonard Nimoy/Mr.Spock

Post by Moonraker »

Francis wrote:I presume that this doesn't appear on Freeview? (Excuse my ignorance!).
No, it is only available on the subscription service, Netflix, Francis. Should you wish to try it, it is currently on a free one-month trial.
Society Member
pete9012S
Favourite book/series: Five On A Treasure Island
Favourite character: Frederick Algernon Trotteville

Re: Star Trek

Post by pete9012S »

TIMES STAR TREK PREDICTED THE FUTURE
As Arthur C. Clarke once said, "trying to predict the future is a discouraging, hazardous occupation." Yet, in 1966, "Star Trek" creator Gene Roddenberry did just that when he set out to create a science fiction program like few others, filled with a sense of realism and believability despite its outlandish concepts and far-future setting. Aboard the starship Enterprise, Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock didn't magically move from planet to planet; they used an advanced warp drive system that was run by a team of officers in the ship's engine room. 

Over the years, the franchise has populated its lore with all kinds of technology that extrapolated the world of its day into the world of tomorrow, and in doing so, it made wild predictions about what was to come. Across multiple TV series and a number of films, "Star Trek" even invented its own history of our future, too, with historic events that wound past our present day and into the world of Kirk, Spock, and beyond. But how much did they get right?  

Read More: https://www.grunge.com/794263/times-sta ... paign=clip
https://www.grunge.com/794263/times-sta ... he-future/
" A kind heart always brings its own reward," said Mrs. Lee.
- The Christmas Tree Aeroplane -

Society Member
Wolfgang
Favourite book/series: The children at Green Meadows/Adventure-series
Favourite character: Fatty

Post by Wolfgang »

Actually Star Trek Discovery will be shown in German Free TV, starting tomorrow. It seems the station Tele 5 wants to establish an Sci-Fi-day on Monday airing Sci-Fi series like Buck Rogers in the 25th century, the classic Battlestar Galactica series, the classic Star Trek series and Str Trek Discovery...
Success is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
GloomyGraham

Post by GloomyGraham »

I'm not such a fan of Star Trek Discovery but am very much looking forward to Star Trek Strange New Worlds featuring Captain Pike, Number One, young Spock and Cadet Uhura on the Enterprise which is due to be released in May,

A nice birthday present for me :)